🌌Chapter 10: The Bodies

AN:// Yeah.. I should put a gore warning here..! 😂

Your pov

It seemed agitated, the swaying turning into running, "..You'll never leave!!"

Using it's broken limbs, the curse effortlessly swung its arms into your chest. It knocked the air out of your body, sending you into a nearby tree.

"...What is that.. crazy energy..?" You wobbled, standing up, "..It's a high level alright.."

It wailed, muscles seeming to grow larger as you breathed heavily.

'..I can't panic, I have to think, ' You pulled up your sleeves, 'Come on brain..!'

Whilst you fended off another incoming hit with your crossed arms, you ducked between it's legs.

'It doesn't focus on it's openings.. It relies on only strength..!'

Using your momentum, you smashed your foot against the Curse's head in a round high kick. Disorienting it for a moment.

"Ouch.." It groaned grabbing your leg in a tight clutch, and your eyes watered in fear.

It didn't stop until an unsettling snap sounded, the bones simply breaking under the hold. It was pure agony.

"..Die."

In seconds you were tossed into another trunk, the impact far more devastating. You landed on the floor coughing up metallic tasting saliva.

You removed your hand from your mouth, and saw red splatters..

"I knew it would be a p-painful idea.. But d-damn.." You watched the curse slowly approach you, lifting you by the collar.

You struggled, shutting your eyes...

You tried, that's what mattered.

'I did my best. I did well.'

"P-Plier."

"Huh--?"

Within the blink of an eye, it's neck snapped backwards until it's head was pulled off by force.

A force you created, "S-Snap like a pencil you prick."

It dropped you on the floor the blood rushing back to your brain again.

"My head..!" It wobbled, falling backwards, "YOU WITCH!"

It began rolling but to your dismay, it didn't seem to be fading away. Instead, it just laid still, gradually regenerating..

"..It worked," You smiled weakly, "Although.. I don't think.. I did.. enough.."

You felt your eyes shut, body slumping onto the grass.

Gojou's pov

I finally tore the Curse's jaws apart with my hands, dusting off my jumper.

"The presence I feel, it's like a group suicide happened around here or something.."

"Meow.."

I turned around to spot my man Chou, the cat seemingly restless, pacing around.

'That's right, (L/n).'

My eyes scanned around us both; nothing but never ending trees it seemed.

It only seemed. That didn't mean it was.

"It's a Domain Expansion, " Using my senses, I managed to pinpoint some other users nearby, "..Come on."

We took off, running to where I last felt their presence, and bumped into another tall figure.

"Gojou!" Getou patted my back, Ieiri tying off a wound she attained.

"You guys..! I got split up from (L/n), " I subconsciously balled my fists, "She was there and then she-"

"- Oi Gojou, now's not the time to get angry, " The short girl gave me a serious glance, "We've fought against two Curses.. How about you?"

"One.. It was like a rotten body.." I adjusted my shades, trying to calm down, "There must've been some sort of a group killing."

"That was on the mission description Gojou.. Do you ever read the messages you get sent..?" Ieiri huffed.

The message clearly stated that there was in fact a group suicide on the base of Mount Taoko..

The surrounding forest said to scare away many tourists, with unexplained disappearances of people.

Four main bodies were spotted in the river running to the east, and since then, have manifested large amounts of cursed energy.

Getou shook his head, ".. If we have together defeated three Curses, and we're still stuck here.."

"Then the last one is with-"

(L/n).

... :0

Thanks for reading!❤