🌠Chapter 11: Guilt and Goodbyes

Your pov

"You'll regret doing this to me.."

The sound of dragging footsteps drew closer, the previous fight having left you in a critical condition. Your eyelids were heavy, breathing irregular.

Any normal person would've thought you'd die there, but you held onto the remaining resolve you had left.

'It can't end here..' You grabbed at the dirt beneath you in frustration.

The corpse lifted it's arms once again, before flinching. A fist ploughing through it's chest, the hand opening to reveal a bright light,

"Cursed Technique Reversal: Red."

In seconds, the flesh of the Curse was violently repelled in all directions. It's innards splattering everything in the surrounding area.

This loud attack made you barely squint open your eyes, the sight before you horrific.

White hair with spots of dark green blood, a tensed fist and an unmoving stance.

Blue eyes strained, barely able to look at your state..

"(L/n).."

Ieiri rushed over, immediately tending to whatever wounds she could, "Oh God!"

"..Gojou.. It's fine, " Your voice was barely able to reach his ears, "I'll make.. it.."

"(L/n), don't close your eyes..!" The girl shook you gently, holding your hand, "Please... awake... (L/n)...!"

"..."

/////////////

You had fallen into a coma, the bloodloss simply causing your body to shut down.

But to everyone's surprise, your resilience and perseverance shined through. The injuries you attained, defying the laws of nature..

"..She's been down for two months, but she's still hanging on.." Ieiri mumbled solemnly.

Currently in your visiting room sat a silent Getou, paying his weekly visit. Ieiri taking you as her patient in her side job as a medical assistant.

"Gojou still hasn't visited, " The dark haired male sighed, "..It's probably killing him."

That was when you opened your eyes.

A beeping monitor and the familiar smell of the hospital. It all was rushing back to you like a tidal wave.

The mission, the bodies, and everyone..

"..I feel like death.." You dryly coughed, sitting up, "Oh, you guys..!"

Ieiri glomped you in a hug, making you fall back, and Getou smiled, shaking his head. Even Chou was sat at the end of your bed, a loud purr leaving his body.

"I-Ieiri..?" You blushed a little, the girl never really showing much emotion, "How long was I-"

"Two months."

This voice made everyone, including yourself turn to the door, the male looking to the floor.

"..I think I'll take my leave, " Getou got up and brushed his way past out the room, "Sensei wants to chat to you by the way."

Ieiri read the room and also excused herself, "..(Y/n), you'll start physiotherapy tomorrow.. Until then, please stay in bed."

You looked to your stitched up leg under the covers and nodded, "Oh yeah, my leg is broken."

Once she left, Gojou slowly made his way to your bed side, wary of the protective cat that sat in your arms.

"..Chou, chill out.. Go." He hesitantly hopped down and you turned your head to face Gojou, "..Well."

He swallowed roughly, his shades pushed completely up, "..(L/n), I think we should quit hanging out.. I messed up, and now look at you.."

"..I.." You could practically feel his guilt radiating off of him. But what he said made sense.

Even though it hurt you, the reality of the situation was seeming as though cutting ties would be the best resolve. He would certainly face sanctions, and you would have to go through thorough recovery..

And your mother would cremate him alive had she have found out.

"If I was any later to track you down.." He looked to the side, "..You-"

"I understand, Gojou."

He turned back, the shades he wore falling down from the fast motion. And underneath, two blue irises.. With deep regret and anguish burning; festering.

Those galaxies you had grown to adore.. You could see their shine dim down to a depressive state.

"..Cheer up, " He felt a hand tug at his sleeve, "It was so fun knowing you..!"

That smile, on the face he had fallen for. It killed him.

.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.

On that day, all those years ago.. You both made the same wish.

That you'd both fade into the past sooner than later. Then it would hurt a little less with time.

:,)

Thanks for reading...❤🥺