🌠Chapter 17: First Impressions

Japan, Haneda Airport
Year: 2018, June
Age: 26

Your pov

'Welcome to Haneda Airport, the exit is this way.'

"Come on Chou, " You turned back to the cat, who was struggling to weave between people, "Hop on, it's only going to get more busy.."

He wasted no time in leaping onto the little suitcase, and you started walking faster.

You had just arrived back in Japan, and if there was one thing you hadn't missed, it would be the crammed busy commuting.

A buzz in your handbag caught your attention, and you quickly grabbed the cause.

'Unknown phone number...'

"Hello?"

"Hello Miss (L/n), today you will be meeting your assigned group in Harajuku on Takeshita Street, " They took a quick break, "Any other information will be sent to you in an email shortly."

"O-Oh, well could I get the area messaged to m-"

"Already done, is that all?" You felt your phone buzz and looked at the message.

You just about squeezed from the rotating exit, and into the sunny outdoors.

"No, that's all thanks, " You waved over a passing taxi, "Bye!"

"Goodbye!"

The lady hung up as you sat in the car, the driver taking your suitcase to the back. Once he returned, he waited for your request,

"Where will it be ma'am?"

"Oh, Harajuku, Takeshita Street please..!" You held Chou in your lap, the cat playing with your phone charm.

"On it."

////////// Harajuku, Takeshita street.

"Thank you again!"

The man accepted the payment and you got out with your mini luggage, Chou hopping along with you.

"Right, so I've read the email, and it says there are three first years.." You opened the app, "Hm, Fushiguro Megumi, Itadori Yuji, and Kugizaki Nobara.."

The names alone made you smile and you couldn't wait to meet the team. However, upon scrolling a little further, you stopped walking.

'Wait a minute..' You squinted at the email.

"A-Assistant.. Teacher..?" The words burned into your brain, "What the hell do they take me for!?"

Your little outburst caused a few pedestrians to glance at you in judgement. But that was the least of your concerns!

Sure, you had never taught students before, but the thought of working under someone again was just annoying...

Pouting, you turned off your phone and walked around, 'Oh well, it's not like this could get worse, right..?'

Fixing your beret, you looked ahead at two young boys in the same Jujutsu college uniforms.

'They must be two of the students..'

Taking one quick glance at your face in a pocket mirror, you headed over, a small curve to your lips. They turned your way, both leaning on a sidewalk rail, but stood straight when you spoke.

"Hi, I'm (L/n), and I'll be being your Sensei's assistant it seems, " You bowed slightly, "I trained and worked in France after graduating at the same college as you both..!"

"Fushiguro Megumi.." The raven haired boy spoke up, voice quiet but loud enough for you to hear.

"Itadori Yuji! Nice to meet you (L/n)-Sensei!" The other male grinned waving a friendly hand.

"Wow, you're both so different, " You laughed, "I can't wait to work with you! Although, where are the others?"

"Beats me.." Fushiguro sighed, "That man ran off to some sweet shop again.."

'Sweet shop..?' You tilted your head in confusion, 'Who could lack enough brain cells to do such a thing like that on a first meeting..?'

"W-Well I'm sure they'll arrive soon..!" You shook it off, noticing Fushiguro's blank stare at Chou, "You good?"

"..This cat, is it yours (L/n)-Sensei?" He seemed a little uneasy when it walked his way.

Chou had started affectionately rubbing his head on the boy's leg and you nodded,

"Yep, I've had him for as long as I can remember pretty much.."

"He's a cursed spirit.." Itadori piped up, crouching to pet the feline, "But he's so sweet.."

"Yeah, I don't know his origin.. But he's always helped me, " You smiled thoughtfully, "He's my best friend."

"I see.. I kind of get it, " Fushiguro added to your surprise, "I'm a Shikigami user."

"Ah, and you Itadori?" This question made both boys stiffen awkwardly.

"I uh, " He stood up, scratching the back of his head, "I ate one of Sukuna's fingers.."

"Oh."

'The Sukuna!?' You mentally screeched, 'How is he even alive?!'

"I-I see, well, " You took a deep breath, "That's.. Different I guess.."

"Now now, Yuji, that was my funny story to tell!"

You blinked a few times, 'That voice..'

Could it be?

So you've finally met Megumi and Yuji! :D

But who is that? :0

Thanks for reading!❤