🌠Chapter 14: Madam Amère

///Two days later...///

Your pov

You stood in the mirror and sighed, "Mother, I look ridiculous."

This caused the woman to gasp, peeking her head through the door, "You're done? --What do you mean!?"

Honestly, the first time trying out your uniform, (let alone on your first day) was utterly nerve wracking... And it didn't help how enthusiastic your Mother was.

You really didn't want to let her down..

"I look like..." You struggled to come up with words as she fixed your beret, "Like a...!"

"Like a woman (Y/n)? " She got your bag and handed it to you, "Have pride in your institute!"

"..."

Some small heels, a smart black pencil skirt with tights, alongside a blazer and a white top underneath.

And a beret with the Sorcerer logo on it... Her favourite.

"Look, " She held your hands, "I know it may seem daunting, but trust me when I say you'll make a memorable first impression.."

'For all the wrong reasons...' Your brow twitched as she ushered you outside your room.

"Now come on!" You stumbled whilst she rushed you and Chou to the door,

"I've already put lunch in your bag, have a good day, and follow the online map for help, love you!"

"M-Mother, wait--!" She shut the door before you could interject, and you groaned taking out your phone.

'Great..'

Taking your first steps out the gate, you prayed the day wouldn't be a trainwreck.

////////// At J.S.P.I...

'I think I'm late...' You could already hear talking from the room you were directed to...

"And so you see, here at this very institution, we take pride in moulding our already talented Sorcerers, into--"

You held onto the door, slowly shutting it closed, all eyes on you in the fancy conference room.

"..B-Bonjour.." Chou carelessly hopped onto the table as you nervously made your way to an empty seat, "Apologies for being late."

"I can assure you, that is the least of my worries, " The tall lady looked at the cat in slight disgust and you grabbed him, "..Your name?"

"(F/n) (L/n), " You responded, "I studied first at Jujustu Technical High in Japan. Then I moved back to France. I hope to do well.."

This entrance made the whole group seem highly entertained, giggles and stifled chuckles making you melt in embarrassment..

'This is going horribly wrong..' A frown threatened to form on your lips, but a loud snap on the table brought you back to reality.

Looking up, you saw the woman hold her teaching stick up off the surface, and into her other palm. A stern air leaving her very being as her dark eyes travelled across the room like darts.

"I will not have such behaviour, " She held her nose high, "You all may know this, but for the late (Y/n), I am Madam Amère. Do not come late again."

Everyone fell silent and you loosened your scared hold on the poor cat.

"..Oui Madam."

Clearing her throat, she continued to teach the lesson. But you noticed, it was less of a lesson, and more of a discussion between you all.

Sharing ideas and thoughts on classic cases of Curses, and also receiving piles and piles of casework to write through and complete.

It was pretty straightforward, but you knew such a lifestyle was bound to get to your head negatively...

You just hoped you wouldn't turn out like Madam Amère... She was just so horrible and difficult for no reason.

'Quite frankly, she's a loud-mouthed, unpleasant, high and mighty bit-'

"(Y/n)!"

You jumped, removing your chin from your palms as the very woman stuck out her jaw in an infuriated manner.

"U-Uh, yes.. Madam?"

"What did I just say..?" She leaned forward, veins practically decorating her wrinkly face, "Were you even listening!"

That's when you leant back in your seat and bit your tongue to stop a flood of slurs from leaving your mouth.

"It would seem I didn't quite c-catch what you said.. No Madam."

"Oh? Well you'll be glad to know you're staying behind."

//////////

After unlocking the front door, you kicked off your heels and ran into the living room.

"(Y/n)? You're home early-- oh, Cherie?"

Without any hesitation, you flopped your head down into your Mother's lap whilst sitting on the floor.

She gently held you, stroking your hair as you shook slightly,

"...Was it a bad day..?"

Aww :( What's up?

By the way, thank you all so much for 1k views, I hope the story is good! :,)

Ilysm ♡

Thanks for reading! ❤