✨Chapter 21: A Warning

Your pov

"Speaking."

"I'm Kiyotaka Ijichi.. the assistant director for the team," He spoke with a shaky voice, "I'm ringing to sort out the mission for tomorrow since Gojou is busy.."

'Isn't he always..' You rolled your eyes, 'But still, why does this guy sound so under pressure..?'

You didn't miss this little detail..

"Sure.. But may I ask who you're affiliated with?" You leant on a wall, "I mean, you have intell on me.."

"O-Of course! " He responded, voice cracking, "..I just pass on messages and orders from the h-higher ups.."

"I see.." You nodded slowly, "..Okay, so what's the details for tomorrow?"

"A 'Cursed womb' of some sort was spotted hovering over a detention centre, " He explained, "It's currently dormant, but it'll probably be best to deal with it ASAP.."

"Right, can I ask what the level is?" You were beginning to find his answers annoying, "You're not giving me much to work with."

"It's a S-Special Grade Curse.."

'What?? A Special Grade for a group of first years?!' You bit your lip,  'Why would they do this..?'

"Ijichi, with all due respect, how was this even allowed?" You asked the man, "They won't be able to defeat it at their level..!"

That's when you got it.

It was the higher ups.

'They want to execute Sukuna and Itadori..' You swallowed thickly, '.. I have to tell Gojou--!'

"(L-L/n), please understand I am only the messenger, and that these orders are final," He rushed his words, "I will be there to pick you and the group up tomorrow. You are also not to tell Gojou."

"L-Like hell I won't!" You yelled into the phone, "What makes you think for a second I would let this-"

"(L/n), this corporation is powerful, " He mumbled, "For your loved one's protection, do not interfere."

'Mother..'

You shook your head in defeat.. They had you all tied up already.. It was the most painful decision you had to make.

"..(L/n)..?"

"..I heard you." You hung up, throwing the phone on the floor as you slid down the wall.

'Corrupt' was an understatement. If this was the reason Gojou wanted all the higher ups dead, you agreed with him a thousand times over..

Chou noticed your stress, and hopped down to sit by you, "Meow.."

"..I feel so useless, " You frowned, holding the cat,  "..But they'll hurt her if I interfere..."

This was certainly not something you had signed up for. It was the first time you had ever been threatened to this extent.

You look at the phone on the ground and held your head in your palms, "This is a mess.."

All through the night till the next morning, you couldn't catch a single wink of sleep.

So you've figured out the intentions...
:0

Short, I know...

I put this out as a separate chapter because it would've been too long all together :)

Thanks for reading!❤