🌠Chapter 20: A Little Deal..

Your pov

The meal went down a treat, and you and Gojou saw the students off outside the restaurant.

He watched them go and looked down at you and Chou, "You have got a place to stay right?"

You looked up from your phone, "That's what I'm sorting out now.. I'll just stay in a nearby hotel."

"..Why not-"

"Gojou, don't push it.." Already sensing his next suggestion, you shook your head, "I'll be fine, just head home.."

Turning to leave with Chou, it took you a few moments to realise the man was in fact following you..

"Gojou, seriously?" You turned to see him practically towering over you, "I said I'll be fine-"

"I know you would, " He put his hands in his pockets, ".. but just let me walk you home tonight."

Deciding to just let him have his way, you continued to pull the suitcase...

It was annoying that he was so pushy. But you'd be lying if you said his company wasn't a little relieving.

"So, what did you think of day one?" He smiled, "I know not much happened, but how was it?"

"..Not too bad, " You looked at the closing shops, "I mean, I'll just have to see.. But those kids are gonna grow on me."

"Yeah, it happens like that, " The man chuckled, "..We should go out for a drink one day."

This made you slow down even more, "..Uh, yeah.. Not happening."

"Come on (Y/n), it will be good to catch up, " He leant down, "I know some really good bars..!"

You avoided his face, "Gojou, the only thing that's been bugging me is your unprofessional behaviour.."

"But we won't be in a professional setting.." He pouted, sensing your weakening resolve.

"..Let's make a bet instead, " You shrugged, "I'd rather settle this that way."

"..Alright, " He stood up straight and faced forward in thought, "Hm..."

'Yeah, have fun with that..' You inwardly smirked.

"..Fight with Sukuna for 30 seconds."

"What--" You tripped on your own feet, "Are you insane!?"

"You've always known I was, " He laughed, "And besides, it'll be a good way for the students to see you fight.. Are you chickening out..?"

This struck a nerve, and you clenched your jaw. If there was one thing he knew you hated, it was being underestimated...

"Hell no, when have I ever!" You huffed, "Fine, I'll do it! And you'll see, I'll survive easy..!"

This made the man smile down at you; he always loved when you got worked up.. Your resolve and brash attitude never failed to make his day..

"Then it's settled, if you survive with him, the drink is off, " He held up a finger, "And if you don't and I have to step in, then you're mine for the evening..!"

Hair stood on end at his outward statement, you felt yourself stop breathing for a second.

"Don't get carried away, " You put a hand over your warm face, "..It's just a drink.."

////////

After dropping you off, Gojou headed out somewhere, saying he still had a few more errands.

'Who has 'errands' at 10pm though..?'

It did worry you slightly, but you decided not to prod, and instead focused on your tasks at hand.

It seemed as though he was going to throw all the emails and paperwork your way.. But as his assistant, you knew that was just your duty, no matter how trivial.

So there you were, sat in a large hotel room, with thousands of emails on your laptop.. All originally titled for 'Gojou Satoru'...

"I'm gonna kill him, " You opened a day old notification, "Most of these emails wouldn't even take a minute to respond to!"

"Meow.." Chou just curled up on the bed, seemingly done for the day.

"I wish I could join you, but there's so many.. I need to get it done, " You continued your grueling job, "..He's so bad at this.."

You deleted the expired ones, and archived all the important or urgent files..

Along the way, you jumped, the sudden buzzing of your phone drawing you out of the system you had gotten into.

"Hm?" You went to get it and answered, "Hello?"

"H-Hello, is this (L/n)..? I was given your number from Gojou.."

Oop, who's that..?

One more chapter coming up tonight :)

Thanks for reading! ❤