🌌Chapter 9: Split Up

Your pov

Your hands glided through the head of hair on your chest, a yawn leaving your mouth. Two arms tightened their hold around your waist and you opened your eyes.

The sunlight shone down on the tent, illuminating the whole space in blue.

"..(L/n)..?" His voice was raspy with a slight croak which made you melt, "Oh, my bad.."

Whole face turned pink, you realised the situation you were in. The fluffy white hair moving to reveal Gojou's morning face, a puffy adorable mess.

He too seemed out of it, getting his arms off of your body, rubbing the back of his head.

"Morning.." He grabbed his toiletries, stepping over a sleeping Chou, "I'm gonna have a shower at the bathhouse.."

"W-We might as well go together.." You sat up, "Hang on let me get my stuff."

////////

It seemed that Getou and Ieiri were already gone, their tents empty.

"Wonder where they went to?" You stretched as Gojou got out his phone.

"..I have like thirty missed calls from an hour ago, I think we over slept (L/n).." He turned to see your cross face, "Let me try and call them.."

"Where could they have gone off to other than the bathhouse?" You felt a tap as Chou touched your leg with his paw, "Chou?"

The said cat walked ahead off into the bushes, looking back at you, "Meow."

Gojou shook his head, "They're not picking up."

"Gojou, let's follow him, " You ran off dropping your bag, and he went right beside you, "I think he knows the way."

You tried to ignore the nettles painfully catching your skin, the pyjama shorts you wore providing no protection whatsoever.

Gojou soon came to remember something, "Ah, I know where they went."

The white haired teen could feel the upcoming energy. It's curse level slightly high, but nothing his team couldn't deal with..

You looked up at him, "Where..? Gojou what the hell is going on, I don't have a good feeling about this.."

"Just don't panic. This is a mission my team was given, " He smiled mischievously, "I figured you'd love the trip too..!"

"ARE YOU KIDDING?!" You screeched, coming to a halt as did Chou, "Gojou, you lied-"

"Shh, (Y/n)." He slowly removed his hand from your mouth.

You grunted, peeking through the bushes seeing nothing at first but a shallow lake.

That was until a decomposing stench wafted into your nose, making you instantly nauseous.

'It reeks of rotten flesh all of a sudden..!' You covered your nose in disgust, gasping when you looked further into the water.

Four bodies laid there, floating on the bank. It made you shudder and fall backwards.

Two arms quickly held you in place though, and you sighed, "Thank you, Gojou."

The hands grew tighter in their hold and you winced, turning around. A corpse bent over it's empty eye sockets leaking green liquid.

You shrieked, breaking out of the hold, "What..!?"

Leaping away, you tried to find Gojou or Chou, but was only met with bushes and tall trees.

It was almost as if the area had been expanded, there was no way you had just wandered off..!

"..I didn't quit on life.. Life quit on meeee.." You watched the corpse sway, it's arms growing back, "The river embraced me.. I jumped in, jump in too..!"

"No!" You yelled taking up a defensive stance, "I will however fight you."

Judging by just the aura this Curse gave off, you knew it wasn't a task for a first year like yourself.

And you definitely knew that you probably couldn't kill it. But it was worth the try, that's what mattered.

You'd beat up Gojou later..

"Come at me."

Oh shiiiiiii-

Thanks for reading! ❤