✨Chapter 28: Set Free

Your pov

No, you weren't confused anymore, it all clicked together.

"This was my fault.."

You had cursed him; unable to ever fully grasp his death at such a young age..

"..all this time.."

So you suppressed the memory; thinking you had coped with the grief.

"..you were here with me.."

But in reality, you weren't healing at all. It hurt so much, now more than ever.  Years worth of built-up tears and emotions finally spilt out. Like a broken child you sobbed, you felt angry, your eyes stung.

"Y-You don't remember anything..?"

"..All I know is that I loved you, deeply, " He spoke solemnly, "But as the years went by, that form started putting a strain on my sense of 'self'... Who I was, faded with each passing day.."

'Grandad...'

You held your head in your hands, "..I put you through hell.. I'm so sorry.."

"Don't be..!" He chuckled, "I know I had a task to do.. Its completion would trigger my disappearance.."

"What?" You wiped your eyes, confused by his statement, "What 'task'..?"

It didn't make sense...

What grand-scale thing could you have possibly accomplished? One that would take as long as years..?

"That dumb man.." He shook his head, "..Even though I didn't agree with everything he did.. I knew he was a good person..."

"S-Satoru..?" You furrowed your brows as the old male nodded slowly.

"Watching you become less dependent on me was hard, but I knew my purpose was being fulfilled, " He sighed, "..A Curse caused by grief and hurt can't stay where comfort and love now flourishes."

"..I.." You had to slow down your breathing, "... Are you leaving me now..?"

"..Only if you let me go this time."

You had to send him off, with no regrets. You had to release him from this state, and be happy knowing he moved on..

You had to say goodbye.

"..." Looking down, you held onto the locket, "..I'll miss you..."

"...."

"À bientôt.*" You whispered.

A gust of wind blew by, leaves gliding over on the bench taking the spirit in a flurry.

They rocketed upwards into the sky and you watched in awe and sadness. But the gentle voice called down to you,

" Shout out to me, who I was... And guide me home.."

Biting your lip you breathed in and yelled with all you had,

"You were my Grandfather!! And I loved you so much!!!"

Your cry echoed through the air, and you hoped it reached out to the heavens.

A huge smile found it's way to your lips, but buckets of tears poured down from your sore eyes.

The wind blew a little softer after that.

"I hope you made it.."

☆°•.°•°•.•°•°.•°☆
.

The stomping of a child echoed through the halls of a warm home.

"Ah! I've found you mon amour..!" A man swooped up the girl and spun her around, "None shall escape the Grandfather!"

"Again, again!" She clapped when a lady entered the room.

"You're both still awake?" She shook her head with a smile, "Father, I asked you to put her to bed not rile her up even more.."

The man in question shrugged and gave a sheepish grin, "What can I say, we still had a fight to finish!"

"That's it, I'm going to go get her teddy, and she better be tucked in when I get back..!" The woman left the two alone once more.

"..Now you heard her (Y/n), " The man placed the child down in her bed, "Sleep will make you even stronger!"

"..But when I sleep, I don't get to play.." She pouted from under the covers, "..I wish we could play all the time.."

The old man frowned at this and pulled down the duvet, making a silly face,

"Say, do you want to hear a secret?"

"..Yes!" Her eyes sparkled with enthusiasm.

"..The truth is, we can go anywhere we want when we sleep, it's great!" He watched her face light up, "We could travel to faraway planets, become polar bears, and even-"

"--Be together forever..?"

"...Ma Cheri, the possibilities are endless," He kissed her forehead,

"..Just remember me, and I'll always be ready in your dreams."

.
☆°•.°•°•.•°•°.•°☆

Who were you kidding, he was already an angel.

_(:ì」∠)_
I'm just gonna cry here for a sec-

*À bientot : See you later

Thanks for reading...💔