Lavender Dreams

Three months later

"Wakey Wakey Suki!" Sokka tickled her back.

She groaned and flipped on her left side and pulled her blanket over her head. Yumie ran around the bed and poked Suki's cheek, "Mama!"

Suki blinked away her grogginess and smiled at her, "Hi baby. What is it?" She said sleepily. She sat up to see her family standing there smiling. Yumie had a little gift bag, Yukari had a bouquet of flowers, and Sokka had a tray of miso soup, cut fruit, and cabbage rolls, Suki's favorite breakfast, "W-what is this?" She smiled.

"It's Mother's Day!" Sokka exclaimed, placing the tray on her lap.

"It is?"

Yukari giggled and handed her the bouquet of lavenders, Suki's favorite, "You forgot mama?"

She chuckled, "I guess I did! Thank you guys!"

Yumie climbed onto the bed and hugged Suki, "I love you mama!"

Suki chuckled and swallowed a spoonful of soup, "I love you too baby."

The whole family sat on the bed and shared Suki's breakfast since it was more than she could finish.

"Mama! We got you a present!" Yumie proudly held the little gift bag to Suki.

"Let's see." She took out two pieces of paper. The first was from Yukari. She drew Suki and her with a heart around them. She wrote in a glitter pen, 'Best mama ever!  Luv Yu Yu!' "Aww thank you sweetheart!"

Yukari crawled up to Suki and gave her a kiss on the cheek, "Best mama!"

Suki looked at the second paper which was from Yumie. She drew her and Suki by the beach in crayon and wrote, 'Yumie and Mama at beach.' Suki chuckled, "This is so cute!" She ruffled Yumie's hair and kissed her head, "Thank you sweetheart."

"Ooo look at my gift Suki!" Sokka clasped his hands together and smiled.

Suki rolled her eyes at him and laughed. It was a photo of her, him, and the girls when they were born in a frame. "Sokka... where'd you get this?." She smiled at him and he leaned down to kiss her.

He pulled away and gave her a gentle smile, "Katara took it on her camera and when she developed the photos she sent this one to me in the mail. "

Suki look at the photo and smiled, "Thank you Sokka. You know, we should get a camera."

"Yeah we should."

Suki showed Yumie and Yukari the photo, "Look girls, that's you!"

"Wow!" They sighed

"WAIT! There's one more thing!" Sokka said with excitement.

Suki reached in the bag, " One thirty minute massage at Kyoshi Island's number one spa 'The Unagi!' THANKS SOKKA! I WILL BE USING THIS ONE!" Everyone laughed and Suki smiled at them, "I love you guys."

They all hugged her, "To the best woman ever!" Sokka said enthusiastically.

"Yay!" The girls cheered.
—————-
The girls pulled Suki toward the lavender park, their favorite place in the world. Sokka chuckled as Suki ran after them.

"Mama! Hurry up!" Yumie groaned pulling Suki forward.

"Don't you girls wanna enjoy the flowers?" Suki laughed.

"No! Swings mama!" Yukari squealed as she tried to hop on. It was a struggle since she was much shorter than the average four-year-old. "Mommy! Help pwease!"

Suki chuckled and picked her up and set her down on the swings. Yukari grabbed the swing chains and giggled as Suki hugged her and kissed her neck, "Oh! I love you sweet baby!" She blew on her face and tickled her stomach causing Yukari to shriek.

"Mama! Look! I did it all by myself!"

Suki gasped and gave Yumie a high-five and a fist bump, something new the mother and daughter had been doing, "Atta girl!" Suki crouched down to hug and kiss her, "Oh, my baby is so big now." Suki nuzzled her cheek to Yumie face and hugged tightly as she giggled.

"Mama!" Yumie complained and Yukari giggled.

Sokka watched the girls and Suki interact. He admired how much Suki glowed when she was tending to their daughters. How her eyes would light up, how brightly she smiled when she hugged and kissed them, how she playfully carried them and spun them around but was also so gentle at the same time, and how her voice grew soft and encouraging as she praised them for their accomplishments no matter how big or small. She was the best and strongest mother and Sokka couldn't believe that out of all people she let him have the honor of having her kids.

"Sokka?"

"Yes?! Sorry! I drifted there for a second."

Suki smiled, her eyes squinting up, "Come! You push Yumie!"

Sokka ran over and tickled Yumie under her armpits, "Okay kid! You ready to swing to the moon?!"

"Yes daddy! Brrrrr!" Yumie thrilled her lips as if she were one of those new car things, "Let's go visit Princess Yue! BEEP! BEEP!"

Suki laughed, "Yukari, you wanna swing so high that you can visit your moon guardian?"

Yukari squealed, "YES MAMA!!!" Suki pushed her, "HIGHER!" She shrieked as Suki pushed her more and she giggled and swung her feet.

Sokka gazed at Suki laughing and his heart melted. In the midst of his admiration, Yumie came flying back and knocked him to the ground. "OW!"

Suki grasped Yukari's swing chains to stop the swing then did the same to Yumie, "Baby, are you alright?!" She turned him over and checked his face. Sokka laughed and pulled her down to hug her, "SOKKA-"

He started to pepper kisses on her neck and the girls giggled and joined them on the ground, "Yes, I'm fine." He smiled at her and gave her a chaste kiss on the lips, "I love you."

Suki giggled , "I love you t-"

Yumie hugged her around her neck from the back, "MOMMY! MOMMY!"

"Yes baby?!" Suki turned over in the grass to face her.

"I WUV YOU TOO!" Yumie gave her a little kiss on the nose and hugged her.

"Aww." Suki chuckled and hugged her, "I love you too baby!"

Yukari clumsily climbed over Sokka to Suki. She took a handful of fallen cherry blossom petals and blew them toward her, "I wuv you mama!" She hugged her other side and kissed her cheek.

Suki craned her head to look at Yukari and smile, "I love you too my little lemur bat." She kissed her forehead and Yukari nuzzled herself into Suki's side and smiled. "My babies." Suki said happily and looked at Sokka, "Our beautiful babies."

Sokka's heart leaped and he scooted toward them to hug them all, "My loves."

The smell of lavenders filled the air as they giggled, rolled around, and played in the beautiful cherry blossom petals under the Kyoshi sun.
———