The Secretary and her Councilman

A/N: Mild smut warning but mostly fluff. This one is kind of funny!
————
Suki had just come home from dropping Yukari and Yumie off at school and was now ready to enjoy her day off from work.

Sokka was talking pretty seriously on the phone, "Yeah she should stay home if she's not feeling well. I can manage my own schedule...yes that's fine. Okay? Bye."  Sokka hung up.

"Hey love, you good?"

Sokka stuffed his notebook into his bag and gave her a thumbs up, "Yeah. My secretary is really sick today so I told them to send her home. Do you have work today?"

"Oh, that's awful. I hope she gets well and no I'm off today."

"That's good, you should rest. I have to leave in like an hour so you wanna have some tea together? I made some before you got back." Sokka got up and poured some tea for them to have together.

"Thank you," Suki accepted the cup and drank from it, "Will you be able to manage without your secretary? I know it's a lot to keep up with."

"Pfft, yeah I'll be fine. I'm Sokka!" He flashed her a smile and she rolled her eyes.

"Mmhmm. Well you can be pretty forgetful at times!" She teased taking another sip.

"Hey!"

Suki put her  hand on his shoulder and chuckled, "Just kidding councilman. I'm sure you can manage."

"Hmmm well...I do tend to forget things a lot," Sokka took a sip and then an idea dawned on him, "Hey Suki, you should come to work with me! And like my secretary for today! It would be fun!"

Suki chuckled, "That sounds like a good idea in theory but will you even be able to concentrate with me around?" She raised her eyebrow and leaned forward to smirk at him.

Sokka frowned, "Hey! I can totally do work even with my amazing, beautiful, awesome, powerful, smart...," Sokka trailed off and she covered her mouth to muffle her laughter, "Okay. You have a point."

Suki picked up the tea cups and started to wash them in the sink, "Well the girls are going over at Katara and Aang's later so I'm free all day. I would love to be your secretary."

"ALRIGHT! BRING YOUR GIRLFRIEND TO WORK DAY!" Sokka got up and ran into their room and came back with an outfit, "Here! Wear this so you look like a person who works at city hall."

Suki chuckled and took the clothes, "Well this should be fun." She went to their room and changed into the white dress shirt and black tie, a black pencil skirt, and an emerald green blazer. Suki put her hair half up and applied a layer of her favorite lipstick. "So, do I look like secretary Suki?" Suki chuckled and grabbed a notebook and clipboard to put into her "secretary bag."

Sokka blushed, "Wow, you look really beautiful!"

"Hehe, thanks councilman," She gave him a hug and pecked his cheek, "Let's go?"

Sokka exhaled the breath he was holding and smiled sheepishly, "Yes! Let's go. To work!"

Suki rolled her eyes and took his hand.They made their way down the stairs of their apartment complex to walk to city hall. It was only a thirty minute walk and they had time.

Suki clutched his arm and looked at the beautiful cherry blossom trees around Republic City, "So when I get there, what do I do?"

"Well basically you follow me around and remind me of meetings and make my schedule. At meetings you take notes for me."

"Sounds easy enough!"

Sokka smiled, "Ooo! Since you're my secretary today then maybe...I could take you out for lunch?"