Cold Feet

Today was the big day. The air was filled with excitement as all the girls got ready. Shoyo and Akari wore a simple golden headpiece to signify their maid of honor status. All the bridesmaids wore traditional Kyoshi Island wear; a cream color terno blouse with a long emerald green skirt. Each of them also had some simple makeup, nice hair, and a pretty necklace with Kyoshi pearls.

"Wow, we all look stunning!" Ty Lee exclaimed, fluffing her wavy chestnut hair up.

"Agreed. These dresses are so comfy." Mai commented.

"Wait till you girls see Suki!" Shoyo yelled from the other room.

"Auntie Ty Lee! Look! Look how beautiful!" Izumi squealed as she twirled around in her white and pink terno and skirt.

Mai smiled widely at her daughter, "Wow, you look beautiful darling." Izumi ran to Mai and hugged her.

Mai kissed her daughter's cheek and smiled at her. Ursa came into the room and smiled at all the girls, "Wow you all look stunning! Now, where is the bride?"

"Almost done!" Suki hollered from the other room.

Kiyi came into the room and twirled in her terno and skirt and everyone ooed and ahhed and continued to chatter in excitement.

Akari applied blush to Suki's cheek, "How are you feeling, sis?"

"Spirits, I'm so nervous." Suki fiddled with her kimono sleeve as her leg shook nervously, "Also, don't put too much makeup. Just some blush, uh, gold eye shimmer on the matte shadow, and lipstick. If I put on mascara my eyes will loo gross. I already know I'm going to cry my eyes out."

"Okay, I got the waterproof liner we used before," Shoyo combed her hair back and clipped it back with her engagement clip. Shoyo carefully weaved Kyoshi lavenders into her hair with two braids that brought her hair half up, "Why? You shouldn't be nervous."

"I don't know. I'm just nervous to profess my love for Sokka! What if what I say is too much! what if my vows overwhelm him. You know how he gets! What if I trip while walking myself down the aisle!"

"Oh please. He is so in love with you." Akari said, applying mascara to her eyes, "This is waterproof. Don't worry." Suki took her lipstick and applied it to her lips. "Plus, you won't trip. You're literally the definition of poise."

"but-"

"Don't worry!" they said in unison.

Suki smiled at her reflection, "Yeah you girls are right." She took a deep breath and exhaled. Shoyo and Akari hugged Suki, "I love you girls. You are the best sisters a girl could ask for."

"We love you too Suki!" Akari pressed her head to the side of Suki's and Shoyo did the same, "You deserve your happily ever after."

"I can't believe our big sister's getting married." Shoyo dramatically sniffed, "It makes my heart sad." She started to laugh and Suki and Akari followed.

--------------------------------------------

"Sokka, are you okay?" Zuko asked, fixing his collar.

"No. No, I am not."

"What's the matter?"

"What if I'm literally the worst husband ever. Suki deserves the best and only the best. She deserves everything good in this world and-"

Zuko grabbed his shoulders to set him straight, "Sokka. Calm down. You're rambling."

"I CAN'T!" Sokka started to bite his nails, "Zuko, I am TERRIFIED I'm gonna screw this up so bad that she gets scared and runs away because of me and-"