The I "glue" that Holds us Together

One Month Later

"OKAY FAMILY FAN AND SWORD! WE ARE GOING ON A MORNING, ICY PICNIC FIELD TRIP!" Sokka announced triumphantly.

"FIELD TRIP? LIKE SCHOOL!?" Yumie rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out, "BORING!!!"

"HEY!" Sokka stomped toward her and Yumie straightened her posture, "WE'RE GOING ON AN EDUCATIONAL FIELD TRIP AND HAVING A NICE, ARCTIC FAMILY PICNIC! YOU HEAR THAT WARRIOR YUMIE?!"

Yumie jumped up and saluted, "YES DADDY! I MEAN SIR WOLF WARRIOR SOKKA!" Yumie burst out into laughter and Sokka chuckled and kissed the top of her head.

"You're silly Yumie!"

Yukari clumsily waddled in with a wolf helmet on her head, "Look, daddy! I'm a Water Tribe warrior wolf! AWOOOO!" Yukari howled and ran around, "TAKE THAT LOSER LORD! BOOM!" She ran into the dresser and fell on her butt. Luckily, she had Sokka's war helmet on, "OUCHIE! BAD LOSER LORD! BAD!"

Suki chuckled and took the helmet off her head, "Hey you! Be careful with that! Daddy used that during the war!"

"WOW!" Yukari jumped up, "Hi Senna! Don't you think I make a great warrior wolf! GRRRRRR!! AWOOOOO!"

Senna squealed and clapped her hands, "I think she likes that!" Suki chuckled.

"AWOOOOOO!!!" Yukari repeated and Senna burst out into a fit of giggles and rested her cheek against Suki's hair.

"Awww so cute!"Sokka jogged over with Yumie on his back and a picnic basket in the other. He squished Yukari's face, "Okay, are you ready to go LEARN ABOUT THE SOUTHERN WATER TRIBE?!"

"YES!!" Yukari screamed back. They were working on her being more assertive.

"Okay, family Fan and Sword! Let's go hiking!"
——-
"Okay! Girls, the peaks of this slope are formed from things called convergent boundaries in the crust of Earth! When the two plates SMASH together," Sokka smacked his hands together to demonstrate, "A bit of Earth is pushed up and can form a hill or mountain of some sort! Cool huh?!"

"WHOA!" Yukari exclaimed, taking his hand again.

"NO MORE FUN FACTS DADDY! MY BRAIN CAN'T HANDLE IT!" Yumie groaned, "ARE WE THERE YET!? I'M HUNGRY!"

Suki patted her head, "Hey you little whining sea canary! We should be there soon!"

"MAAAAA!" Yumie dragged her feet and threw her arms up dramatically.

"We're here!" Sokka ran up the last of the hill and the girls followed, "I brought mama here on dates when we were teenagers!"

"Daddy's old!" Yumie teased and Yukari burst into laughter.

Suki snickered, "Yeah, daddy is old!"

"HEY! I'm 26!" Sokka spread a waterproof mat down and then a warm blanket down. "Okay! Time for breakfast!"

They all settled and Sokka served them a nice meal he had prepared for the four of them. Senna was only one month old so she would still be breastfeeding.

Senna started to whine, "I think our little polar puppy is hungry!" Suki took her out of the amauti, "Yukari, can you give mama one of those little blankets please?" Yukari nodded and handed Suki a blanket so she could cover herself as she fed Senna. It was freezing outside.

"I'm excited for The Glacier Spirits Festival!" Yumie exclaimed as she sipped the soup from the thermos.

"Me too!" Yukari added, "I can't wait to try the cinnamon-sugar fry bread! Bumi keeps talking about it!"
——-
After an hour of eating, laughing, and Sokka explaining the history of glaciers, Sokka quieted the family down, "Okay girls, beloved Suki," he winked and Suki rolled her eyes, " baby Senna. As you may have noticed, I brought my guitar and you know what that means!"