Schoolyard Bullies

It was a sunny Wednesday afternoon in Republic City and all the children at Republic City elementary were playing outside. Not Yukari. She was sitting, under a tree, by herself, reading a new book that her father bought her the other day. Yukari loved reading. When she read she felt like she was in the story and she could escape into some fantasy world. She loved reading the same reason why she loved theatre and ballet so much. She could be someone she was not. She didn't have to be shy and timid anymore. She could be a princess, a villain, a warrior, or anything she wanted to be. She could be among the dragons, royalty, fairies, mermaids, spirits, and more.

Suddenly, her book was kicked out of her hand, "Hey shortstack," the bully crossed his arms and smirked, "Whatcha reading?!"

Yukari looked up at the kid and clenched her fist, "Go away Seungbeen!" Yukari grabbed her book and started to walk away. That's what Sokka would tell her to do.

Seungbeen followed her and snatched her book from her, "Hey!" Yukari stamped her foot and jumped to try and get the book but Seungbeen was much taller than her.

He held it above his head and laughed every time she tried to get it, "Haha! You're too short Yukari!"

Seungbeen's friend, Gino, laughed and shoved Yukari, causing her to fall over on the grass, "You're such a loser."

"Leave me alone!"

Seungbeen crouched down and tapped her head with her book, "Aww you gonna cry? You gonna cry about it?" Him and Gino started to laugh again.

"Hey!" Yumie yelled from the slides, "Leave her alone!"

"I'm just joking! Sheesh!"

Yumie grabbed his collar and threw Seungbeen to the ground and yelled at him, "That's not funny! She didn't do anything! You're the loser for always bullying her!" She crouched down and continued to yell at him, "Go near my sister, I'll beat you up!"

"Oh yeah?" Seungbeen shoved her and Yumie toppled backwards. He and Gino laughed.

"Stop it!" Yukari yelled. A small crowd started to form as Yumie stood up again.

"You shouldn't have done that." Suki and Sokka told her to never ever get violent but when someone picks on her sister and shoves her around that advice flies out the window.

"Oh yeah? What you gonna do? You're just a girl."

"Just a girl?" Yumie clenched her fist and started to laugh, "You are TWO YEARS older than us yet you're bullying little kids. You're pathetic!" She shoved him to the ground and clenched her fist.

"Yumie! Don't!" Yukari screamed and tried to hold her back but Yumie dug her feet into the dirt and sent a trail of vibrations into the Earth.

The kids started to scream. Some telling her to stop and some telling her to keep going. Yumie brought the earth around Gino and Seungbeen and marched toward them. The two boys cowered in fear as she started to yell, "Don't you DARE shove me around! My mama and daddy are THE war heroes!"

"Yumie! Calm down!" Yukari pleaded.

"NO YUKARI! I am sick of these two!" She narrowed her eyes at them, "My earth bending teacher is Toph Beifong who is the GREATEST in the world! You're LUCKY! I didn't roll your whole head with a rock!"

"Yumie! Stop!" Bumi tried to pull her away but she nudged him aside with her earth bending.

Yumie towered over Seungbeen and Gino and made it clear to them, "Mess with my little sister ONE MORE TIME and I will tell my Uncle Aang. He's the Avatar. YOU WANT THE AVATAR TO TELL YOUR PARENTS THAT YOU'RE BEING A BUNCH OF JERKS AND"