December 1st, 2020

Failed Attempt #1
-/-/-

Snow cascaded past the wall of windows in the living room of the apartment, the little flakes of frozen water dancing with the breeze. The wall of falling snow swayed back and forth in a mesmerizing pattern. Warm lamp light casted a golden and bronze glow across the living room. A large tv was attached to the wall, stood in the center was a little boy with a duck beak, grape hat, an ugly block sweater, light blue acid washed jeans and to top it all off a pair of dark blue sneakers. To say the least it was Animal Crossing New Horizons being playing on the screen. The intoxicating smell of chocolate permeated the apartment, a tinge of melted candy canes mixed in.

Jisung laid curled up under a fuzzy yellow blanket, the end of it tucked beneath his socked feet. He pulled the hood up tugging the strings to cinch the hood closer to keep in his warmth. Picking the switch controller up from his lap the brunette continued to play Animal Crossing New Horizons, his little character running away from wasps when he accidentally knocked a wasp nest down.

"Oh come on! This is stupid!" Jisung complained lips pouted, the edge of his lips brushing past the scrunched up hoodie. Nose scrunching in dismay upon seeing his character getting stung then fainting.

"That's why I tell you to use medicine Ji!" His roommate yelled from the kitchen, the smell of freshly made hot chocolate reaching Jisung's nose. " I even made you a bunch and sent you some in a letter!"

The younger only huffed before opening his mailbox to see a letter from Chenle's character including a package of ten bags of medicine. The brunette felt his cheeks heating up, even in-game Chenle still cared no matter how much a pain he is. Burrowing further into his scrunched hood he begrudgingly made his character use the medicine before continuing on his journey of shaking trees to get his furniture piece of the day.

Meanwhile in the kitchen Chenle opened a new bag of tiny marshmallows. Taking a small handful he created a heart that he filled in whipped cream, hooking a in-perfect-condition candy cane over the lip of the mug. The ravenette's heart stutter-stepped at the thought of the design in Jisung's hot chocolate to be too obvious about his true feelings about the younger. Chenle made a small design of heart in his hot chocolate to match Jisung's.

Two warm mugs in his hands, the shorter male walked back into the living room. Silently walking over to Jisung he handed him his baby chicken printed mug of hot chocolate with a small smile. Fully scanning Jisung he saw how small the brunette had made himself, the black rim of his glasses, puffed up cheeks and pouted lips were the only thing Chenle could see from the cinched hood.

"You're so cute when you're pouty Jisungie~" Chenle teased the younger before leaning down to press a kiss to the hood causing the younger to sink further into his hoodie pouting further.

"Shut up Chenle, you're being mean." With a very 'harsh' -- not really more of a 'cute furrow of brows and pouty' glare sent towards the Chinese male he lifted his legs up to allow Chenle to sit down on the couch with him. Looking down at his mug of hot chocolate he noticed the small heart made from marshmallows and whipped cream a small smile spread across his face. "You put a heart on my hot chocolate? It's so cute. I love you Lele."

Chenle blushed from the small whisper Jisung let out, the younger unaware the elder heard him -- of course Chenle thought Jisung meant it in a platonic manner, when in fact he didn't. Sitting down he brought Jisung's legs down onto his lap, the warmth of his legs seeping into his thighs. He smiled down at his matching mug, fingers caressing over the dolphin print on his mug. "We're spending Christmas together Sungie, y'know because of quarantine and all."

The ravenette watched Jisung's face as he slowly processed the words, the tall boy's eyes widening at the prospect of spending the entire month together. Unknown to each other their hearts skipped a beat, pink creeping up their necks from embarrassment.

It was the perfect time for them to confess to each other.

———
Hello! Welcome to the Christmas short story of Chensung being fluffy babies. This was requested by hyxckcinth please keep in mind each chapter is going to be short!