December 19th, 2020

Failed Attempt #19
-/-/-

There was more flour and sugar on the counters than in the bowls for mixing the cookie dough. Jisung stood next to the broken bag of flour, face guilty in all measures. His doe eyes wide with fear, blinking at the ripped piece of the flour bag in his hand. The flour poured on the counter in a massive pile, some puffed across his clothing.

"I didn't do it. The bag did it." Jisung shouted when Chenle looked over his shoulder from crouching down by the cabinet. The older had narrowed his eyes, ready to tell the younger off.

Shoulders rising to his ears, Chenle bit down on his tongue before he yelled at the other. Exhaling through his clenched teeth, he pointed to the living room. "Get out of the kitchen before you burn it down. I'll make the cookies, don't worry." Before Jisung could protest about helping Chenle held up a finger, effectively silencing the younger. "You can help me frost and decorate the sugar cookies later."

The ravenette shooed Jisung from the kitchen, hands patting the patches of flour clinging to the younger clothes. Upon seeing the sulky the expression he wore, Chenle caught him by the front of his shirt tugging him down. Their eyes level with one another's, the intensity behind Chenle's iris' caused his heart to speed up. Before Jisung's mind could catch up with the events a brash kiss was pressed to his cheek.

"Go watch a movie or play some games." His tone was unbelievable as if he really didn't want Jisung to leave his side while he baked.

Nodding the taller exited the kitchen, mind clawing through the sticky haze Chenle casted on him. In his daze he had grabbed his fluffy yellow blanket from the living room couch. Tossing it over his shoulders, he pulled his close around him - he looked like a child wrapped in his yellow blanket.

Not long after Jisung waddled back into the kitchen, carefully skirting around Chenle's figure. Tugging one island chair out he plopped atop it, eyes following the elder around the room.

"Are you sure I can't help?"

Chenle shot him a pointed look clearly reading 'don't touch anything please'. The ravenette combined the dry ingredients before adding in the wet ingredients. He mixed the combination until it became a dough, fingers plopping the cookie dough down onto the floured counter top. Jisung earned a cheeky smile once the dough was placed onto the thoroughly floured counter.

Jisung scrolled through his phone, fingers tapping away until the adoption center page appeared. Tabbing through the pictures he found the one Chenle had been looking at. Favoriting the page he closed his search app, turning his phone off.

Long hoodie sleeves pushed past his elbows, Chenle kneaded the sugar cookie dough. His silent companion watched him intently, eyes flickering between his arms to Chenle's face. The brunette reached over pinching off a pice of the sugar cookie dough.

An indignant squawk erupted from the flour covered male. "Jisung! That has eggs in it, you can't eat it!"

Eating the dough, Jisung tossed a smug grin at the later. Ducking his head down when the ravenette swung at his back, a large flour handprint appearing on his yellow blanket. His clean blanket now dirtied by flour and sticky cookie dough, the taller man pouted.

"You got my blanket all gross."

"Then don't eat raw cookie dough, idiot."

---
The lovable babies are back with their chaotic antics! I'm excited for this book to be coming to a close soon. :3

Have a lovely morning/afternoon/evening! Much love mwah <3