December 8th, 2020

Failed Attempt #8
-/-/-

Another day, another night spent within the walls of their apartment. Jisung was home alone this time, no noise besides his soft murmurs to himself. Phone in hand he tapped it against his nose in thought.

Submerged in doubtful thoughts he huffed a sorrowful whine. Chenle wouldn't like the gift he had gotten him, he just knows it. Did he spend too much money on the gift? Yes. Was it worth it? At this point Jisung wasn't sure himself considering the gift was a suggestion made by none other than the signature Dotae couple.

As if hearing his thoughts his phone rang, the flat object buzzing in his hand with a basic ringtone. Taeyong's name flashed across the screen.

Without hesitation he answered holding his phone to his ear. "Hi hyung."

"I can hear your thoughts for here, stop doubting yourself. I swear you're both so oblivious it hurts." Taeyong's giggly voice swam to his ear. The last sentence not so quiet when Doyoung's yell filtered through.

Jisung winced from the short and sharp scolding he received. Perched on a barstool placed near the somewhat nice stone countertop island he swung his feet anxiously. His breath was slightly uneven, his nerves and self-doubt getting to him. It's an exciting yet terrifying time of the year for him.

He liked to call his current mission the 'Christmas Confession.' The brunette felt that now was better than any other time to confess, with Covid happening.

"-sung, Jisung! Buddy focus." Combined vocal tones dragged him from his pit of jumble threads, each their own doubt and worry connecting to one another and each thought he held.

"Yeah, I'm here sorry." Jisung sighed into the phone, fingers clutching around the device for a small sense of security.

"Did you get them?" The red head male pushed for more information, his voice prying at the seems of the brunette's mind with soft coos. His friend was definitely a strange one, strange but sweet.

Huffing a small giggle at the thump from Doyoung smacking the back of Taeyong's head, Jisung nodded before he realized the older men couldn't see him. "Yeah, they're almost here. I hope I didn't get it wrong. If I get made fun of by him for this gift I'm blaming you two beca- SHIT! I gotta go!" His small rant was cut short by the jingle of keys and the twisting of the doorknob.

Taeyong's quiet farewells and bubbly words of encouragement warmed the young brunette's heart. Quick fingers ended the call and slipped the device into his sweatpants pocket. Sliding from the barstool he padded over to the front door.

When the door pushed open Jisung met the sight of a drained Chenle, his eyes dull and tired. Snowbitten fingers tugged the black fabric mask off, beneath the material sat Chenles very kissable mouth — that was of course if you asked Jisung. The beautiful curve of his Cupid's bow pink from the cold winter weather outside. His nose and cheeks were even pink.

"Hey Lele." The ravenette only mumbled incoherently to himself before stomping over to cuddle into Jisung's warmth.

"Busy day at the studio, the teacher my manager hired is a butthole." Chenle's soft voice echoed into the depths of Jisung's heart, the musical cords gentle and sweet.

Jisung hesitated before wrapping his arms around Chenle's upper back. "I order takeout, your favorite. Go get some rest before it arrives. I'll wake you when it's here." Warm lips pressed to an icy forehead thawing the smooth skin beneath.

Sighs spilled from Chenle, he nodded before heading off towards his room to get into something more comfortable.

Jisung rolled over the back of the couch, his back pressed to the seat cushions with his long legs bent over him, feet pointed over the back of the couch. An odd position to think it when one can hardly gather breath, but Jisung was strange.

He thought of Chenle's persistence as a child to let the younger boy hug him. Being one not fond of skinship, it definitely took a while for him to sink into the act. Years of awkward hugs and handholding led to long nights of cuddles and entwined fingers. Now, a small kiss to the forehead or the back of Chenle's head sprinkled in at random times — they were of course accepted when given, but always a surprise to the receiver and the giver.

Perhaps he will muster the courage for a more intimate kiss.

———
IM BACK MY BEAUTIFUL BABIES I LOVE YOU ALL MWAH! <3