December 21st, 2020

Failed Attempt #21
-/-/-

"Daegal, honey get away from that!" Jisung's socked feet slid over the hardwood floor, hands shooting out to pick up the puppy and move her away from power cords. "You can't play with that."

Honey coated words of reprimand flittered around the man and the puppy. His large hands dwarfing the already tiny puppy, gentle fingers brushing at the white curls of fur around her big brown eyes. The brunette carried her over to the couch, settling back into the comfortable piece of furniture. He let her free to run across the vast expanse of fabric couch. She ran back and forth, tiny paws digging at Jisung's blankets while he fidgeted with the light switch dimming them to get a better view of the screen.

Pitiful whines left Daegal, she pattered over jumping at Jisung's back while he scrolled through Netflix. He could only laugh at the tiny bichons struggle, scooping her up to perch on his lap, legs crossed beneath them.

Chenle's footsteps drew both of their attentions to the approaching male. Said man grinned, eyes sparkling from the affection gazes casted his way. His two angels looking at him as if he hung the stars and moon. "I was going to go out and get stuff for the party. Anything you need bub?" Fairly grown-out black locks framed his features, the darkness a harsh contrast against his much paler skin.

A face mask hooked around his ears, pulled below his chin. Slim grey jeans, shin-high snow boots and a beige turtleneck peeking beneath the heavy red hoodie that hung from the older's frame. He gave Jisung a smug grin when Daegal whined once more. Removing the small puppy from Jisung's lap, finger tips brushing against the formers thigh, he held her close to his chest pressing gentle kisses atop her head.

"My baby~"

"Can you get some alcohol?" He paused at the questioning look his flatmate gave him. "For the party, I wanna get a little spirited."

Chenle raised an eyebrow at him, lips pursed against the top of Daegal's head. "But you hate the taste of alcohol."

Flapping his hands at him the younger denied the truthful accusation. He shook his head uncaring of his fluffy brown mop of hair falling into his eyes — well that was until the ends of his hair prodded at his actual eyeball. An indignant squawk tumbled from his lips, fingers furiously shoving the strands away before rubbing at his watering eyes.

The ravenette's heart flopped over in his chest, eyes glittering in adoration for the clumsy male. His heart thumped against his rib cage like a content dog would when receiving belly rubs. Smiling softly, Chenle set Daegal down in Jisung's lap the puppy whining when the former male pulled his hands away. Ruffling Jisung's hair he fixed his mask and picked up his keys heading towards the door.

"Don't cause too much chaos while I'm gone."

Jisung stuck his tongue out at the back of Chenle's head, brows furrowed in a playful pout.

———
Only four more chapters left, I hope you're all having a lovely Mother's Day. If you don't celebrate Mother's Day than I wish you a wonderful Sunday.