December 7th, 2020

Failed Attempt #7
-/-/-

The apartment was still and silent, the air hanging above each room tinted with the warmth of home. A home the two built together memory by memory. A home they found in each other.

That gentle silence was disrupted by the shrill crackle of Chenle's voice, the melodic tune carrying across room. "I'm taking a shower, speak now or forever hold your pee!" A strange thing to shout in the middle of an apartment, but this was normal for the Chenji duo.

"That's not how the line goes!" Jisung's thundering footsteps ran down the hallway, the noise approaching the propped open bathroom door. His lips were parted in gentle breaths, eyes focusing in on the shorter male stood in the doorway with a smug grin.

Phone held tightly to his chest to block the microphone Jisung leans towards Chenle, startling the male from the sudden closeness of the former's face. Cheeks flushing lightly, he narrowed his eyes watching the younger closely. Hesitation floated idly around Jisung's frame like blinking lights.

"Don't get wet." Soft whispers shared between the two Jisung turned and ran for his life before the elder could hit him for his stupidity.

Chenle only sighed before entering the bathroom dumbfounded by the dancer's silly comment. Hands rubbing at the pink coating his cheeks he shook his head fingers ruffling the soft black locks resting atop his head. The gentle waves of soft onyx shimmered beneath the cool white fluorescent lights of the bathroom.

While the elder started his shower Jisung laid atop his messily made bed hand pressed to his ear. His friends voices filtered through the piece of technology, both teasing and curious. They inquired about his progress with Chenle, then being the best friends that they are -- they proceeded to tease him endlessly for chickening out on confessing to his roommate.

"Aww Jisungie is shy~" Jaemins familiar deep voice pitched and warbled in a cute way with his teasing words. This continued for a good ten minutes along with Jeno making weird mocking sounds in the background -- he was definitely living up his mutually agreed upon nickname, Jenojam.

Eventually though, Jisung ended the call whining about being tired, the soft hiss of the shower filtering from beneath the bathroom door and slithering down the hall to his room did not help his sleepy state. Succumbing to the cooing waves of sleep Jisung shifted to lay on his side, eyes sliding shut in the dimly lit room.

Cold

Wet

Dripped down onto his face, each sensation tugged him from the edge of sleep into a barely-there awakeness. Lead-heavy eyes sliding open Jisung made out the blurry image of Chenle looming over him, wet black hair dripping down onto his face. Unsure of the time that had past the brunette did the most logical -- well what he believes to be the most logical thing, pull Chenle into bed with him and cuddle. So, that's exactly what he did, long sleep-weighed limbs wrapped around Chenle's neck tugged on him in a coaxing method.

High pitched giggled spilled from Chenle, bracing an arm next to Jisung's head he allowed himself to be pulled down on top of the younger. He burrowed his face into Jisung's neck sighing softly at the welcomed warmth. Wet hair tickling the younger's jaw in cold strains causing the younger to giggle at the sensation.

They shifted around till they became comfortable within the tangled limbs. Content sighs and hums floated between them, body heat combined to create an invisible blanket covering them.

The dark room bathed in the moonlight, the sheer gaze of the celestial rock protectes them from the prying eyes of society.

———
Yo, I know this is two days late but school got me trippin. I love you babies so much. I honestly just want to say screw it and write chapters instead of doing my class work. :((