December 14th, 2020

Failed Attempt #14
-/-/-

The home was quiet, missing something to fill the ever-expanding gap of loneliness that came with quarantine. Chenle enjoyed the attention and company his roommate gave him. Some days were tougher than most when the brunette had to leave for work. Uninhibited to see his friends in person the singer felt loneliness creep into his body, soaking him in the icy feeling. He needs something to help warm the icy touch, thaw the freezing world.

Left by himself for hours without company because Jisung was called in to help choreograph something, Chenle moped around the apartment. He often sang to himself — to Jisung his voice was soft and deep, a warm hug after a tiring day. Chenle's voice floated around the cozy living space, fingers tapping along on his stomach. At this current moment he was reclined on the couch, an ocean print tie blanket tucked under his feet and pulled to mid-chest level. The material soft yet coarse against his wandering fingertips.

"Jisung-ah." Voice rumbling laced with hints of tiredness Chenle called for his roomie. "C'mere."

Socked feet trudged down the hallway, the footsteps agitated. Jisung clearly was tired, drooping eyelids and stifled yawns. The string lights hung up about the perimeter of their home washed colorful glows against his skin and clothes. He reminded Chenle of a beautiful stained glass window one would see at a monastery or house of worship.

"Mmm... What?" Jisung murmured rubbing his eyes. He blinked at the elder, his brown eyes reflecting each color in the galaxy of his iris'.

"What do you think about getting a pet?" Chenle's voice was like a cool breeze on a hot summer's day, waking Jisung up.

Humming in thought the brunette shuffled across the room. Sinking onto the fluffy cushions next to his friend he laid next to him. Their warm yet minty and chocolate breaths ghosted across each other's faces. After years of rooming together they became comfortable with proximity — in fact, they seem to have no limits to their closeness.

Quiet whispers past between the two men like children sharing unknowable secrets. "What did you have in mind?" Tiny patterns were pressed into Jisung's chest, fingers tracing idle symbols as they spoke.

"A ferret, maybe two? What about a cat or puppy?" Refraining from giggling and moving away Jisung frowned at the mention of ferrets — however, he did smile when a puppy was mentioned.

The older picked up the phone resting between the two, his fingers tapped along the opening the device. Chenle's excited ramblings colored the world around then in shades of pinks and ochre. His smile giddy when he pulled up a shelter website. There on the screen was a tiny white fluff ball of a puppy name Xuehua, her dark brown eyes glittered at the camera. Her small fluffy tail wagged in a short clip showing her prance towards the voice calling her.

The youngest male could feel his heart begin to melt from the pure adoration that radiated from his companions body. "Do you want a puppy?" Jisung cooed softly, lips pulling into a happy smile at the giggly boy.

"Can we get one? Can we get her?!" The ravenette cheered seeing the nod of confirmation. Throwing the blue blanket over his friend, the man snuggled into Jisung's chest giggling like a small child.

———
Have a good day my lovelies. I hope you've enjoyed the boys being fluffy babies.

Also Xuehua in Madarin means Snowflake :)