December 18th, 2020

Failed Attempt #18
-/-/-

Blinds pulled, Christmas lights once again turned on, Chenle laid sprawled across the couch. Their blinds really didn't do much to stall the glow of molten star. Only the young man's breathing filled the room. No TV turned on, phone resting atop his hoodie covered stomach, eyes shut.

Sleep crooked it's finger coaxing him further into drowsiness. His breathing even and steady with the warm buzz beneath his skin, the threads of sunlight warming his body. Cozy hoodie tugged up over his head, black locks sticking out from the rim.

The sleepiness receded to the back of his mind, his buzzing phone woke him up. Grumbling, Chenle blinked his eyes open focusing on his surrounds. After refocusing the world he peered at the roll of messages from the group chat.

Wet Pasta, Dry Noodles

fish_dad: FaceTime meeting, now please! 🥺👉👈

annoying_orange: why? I'm busy hyung. killin baddies like a pro

pilot: Behave Yangyang.

chittaprr: You're literally laying on top of me Yang, stfu

fish_dad: Be nice everyone ☺️

what'suhp: It'll be quick. Taeyong has been planning something for us.

Aight cool, let me get Jisung. :rich_beach

annoying_orange: go get your boyfie ig 🙄✋

Chenle puffed his cheeks out, pink streaking across his cheeks. Leaving his best friend on read, the ravenette sighed, eyes straying to the laptop resting closed on the coffee table. Pushing himself up into a sitting position he yell at the top of his lungs. "Jisung! Come here, Taeyong needs us."

The called for male walked into the room, hands ruffling his unbrushed hair, slightly greasy from a day of unwash. Unlike his unkempt appearance, Jisung's eyes glittered with energy and life.

"What for?" The brunette rubbed at his eyes, trailing his fingers across his nose.

"Gotta meet with him." Gaze tearing away from the tall lithe figure of his flatmate, Chenle opened the laptop. Fingers clacking away at the keys as he pulled up the FaceTime program.

Shifting away from center of the couch, he patted the space next to him. Checking the camera Chenle joined the call. Finally joining the call, the ravenette tugged Jisung closer, arm widing around his waist. His fingers curling into the soft fabric of his thin long-sleeve shirt. If Chenle saw the blush rushing to the younger's cheeks, he was kind enough to not point it out.

Familiar faces popped up in their own squares, the obvious parents — Dotae, Kunten, and Johnil were in the top row of pictures. Next followed the '00 liners paired off in their own groups, definitely bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Lastly Jisung and Chenle's square popped up in the bottom row, their faces practically glowing from the sunlight that managed to sneak between the curtains.

"We're gonna have a party on Christmas Eve, all of us here on FaceTime. I'm sure you'll all have time off. So can we please do it?" Taeyong's voice startled them all, eyes widening at the pouty tone laced within each syllable.

Excitement zipped through Jisung at mention of the party, eyes lighting up. Images of him and Chenle waltzing around the kitchen while baking cookies, matching jewelry twinkling beneath the colorful string lights. Their first kiss shared beneath not so secretly placed mistletoe — it all sounds so perfect, yet something that he believed impossible to happen.

His daydreaming was interrupted by Chenle snapping his fingers in front of his eyes. Worry glistened like starlight beneath the shades of brown that colored Chenle's iris'. He hadn't realized he was staring dreamily at the older while daydreaming. Jisung ducked his head, swiveling to peer at the laptops glowing screen only to find everyone else gone. When had they left?

———
Hello, I'm still alive. I hope you enjoyed some more fluffy Chensung. :)