December 11th, 2020

Failed Attempt #11
-/-/-

Masks tightly covering their mouths the two boys carried their rental ice skates in hand towards the enclosed skating rink. Scarves wound tightly around their neck and fluffy beanies pulled down over their ears they giggled. Walking on shaky feet the duo crossed cold cement, their friend who ran the ice skating arena — Mark, let them in as long as they paid for their time spent, the man's got to make money somehow during the pandemic.

"Are you sure this was such a good idea Chenle? I heard that this is super dangerous." Jisung's worry gnawed at his mind just like how he gnawed at his bottom lip.

"We'll be fine don't be such a baby!" His companion playfully nudged him with his shoulder as they laced on the ice skates.

They slid and stumbled as they carefully rose to their feet. Jisung's hands swinging out to grab the nearest thing he clutched onto Chenle's plush hoodie, his grasp white-knuckle tight. His tight hold tugged Chenle backwards, the skates shredding against the ice as he attempted to rebalance himself.

"You're fine Ji, just calm down!" High pitched dolphin-like giggles bounced around the ice rink, that did little to ease Jisung's nerves.

Skates slicing through the ice they slowly made their way across the ice, Chenle's fingers clenching onto the wall surrounding the arena. They both took baby steps across the ice, small noises of fear and excitement bubbling from them.

Chenle easily got the hang of it while Jisung still continued to attempt to walk across it like he would across normal ground. He let out small little 'woh woh woah's as he slipped further apart, arms out to his side and upper half bent forward. The ravenette cooed softly, Jisung looked like a newborn deer just getting used to it's new legs.

He watched as Jisung's legs slid out from beneath him, the boy tumbled to the ice with a thump. Chenle let out a small noise of concern before he skated from the other side of the arena to the fallen boy. Jisung laid on his back, his eyebrows scrunched together while groaning in pain.

"Oh my god Jisung are you okay?!" Chenle's skates bumped against Jisung's the metal tip catching against the downed boy's. A small yell left him as he fell atop the younger boy.

Hands splayed out next to Jisung's head his eyes widened when he realized he had fell atop him, their faces extremely close. Their lips were pressed together through the masks, the fabric acting as the only barrier. Pink flushed across the exposed parts of their faces, both were unsure if it was from the cold of the ice around them or the embarrassment from their mishap.

Chenle was quick to scramble off of him, ice shredding and scraping away from the thick block of ice that was the entire arena. The noise of his shuffling pulled Jisung from his daze, the younger was helped up by Chenle. Neither spoke of the event, both too afraid to approach what had occured.

"Your butt doesn't hurt too much from falling right?" Chenle quietly asked, as he skated while holding onto Jisung's hands to help him stay balanced.

The two continued to skate, lots of falling and stumbling occured along with peals of giggles and giddy laughter, the event that had occured pushed far away in turn for the events of now. Happiness and safety in a strong friendship.

———
Woah double update, think this is the first time owo