December 15th, 2020

Failed Attempt #15
-/-/-

"Chenle I swear to god I will throw you through the windows! Stop button mashing you meanie!" Jisung's petulant whines caused an uproar of laughter throughout the group face time.

Each member of their group were paired off into their own screens — let's just say there was still a ton of tiny screens on their computer. Each group took turns fighting against one another in a tournament set up by none other than Donghyuck. They had just started the battles between the members in each group. This was to see who would be fighting for their specific group.

Confusing, I know. Donghyuck managed to wrangle each member in to watch and participate. The current duo fighting to represent their group was, well, Chenji.

"I will not let your button mashing represent our team you absolute scoundrel!" Jisung's pitiful child-like yells of distaste drew laughter from the monitor.

"Yeah, well if you didn't main only melee characters we wouldn't have a problem now would we?!" The ravenette retorted as he smacked Jisung's poor pink themed Chrom out of the frame.

The game finished with Jisung's character smashing into the camera's screen and sliding down from frame. The brunette huffed angrily and tossed his switch controller onto the couch beside him. He sunk down into the cushions, knees knocking against the coffee table.

His roommate giggled at his pouty demeanor, it was an unusual sight to see Jisung so pouty — especially in front of their entire group of friends. Chenle leaned over the younger's body smugly grinning at him. His back blocked the duo from view of the camera, his teasing smile going sadly, unnoticed by their friends.

Cheering hoops and hollars startled them from their somewhat compromising position. "Start the next round idiots!" Chenle grumbled pushing away the rising flush of embarrassment.

"You're the idiots that are totally in-" Renjun's snappy remark was swiftly cut off by Yangyang's hand being slapped over his mouth. His eyes glared holes into his friends matching brown eyes — a look that very clearly said 'shut the f*** up.'

Everyone collectively agreed to ignore the comment Renjun almost completed. The group spent hours completing the tournament, some battles were over in a short five minutes, some took much longer. The length of the battles showed the clear skill between the many players.

By the time the winning group was announced to be Renyang, Jisung and Chenle had slumped over each other. They were very clearly comfortable as they snuggled together, arms twined around each other as if it was something normal.

"Jusungie never lets me hold him like that or even be remotely close to him." Jaemin softly whined once he noticed the cuddling duo.

His petty and slightly sad comment pulled quiet laughter from the group. One by one the group left the call bidding each other good night. The tv glowed brightly, the signature selection screen music twiddled across the room bouncing among the multi-colored lights.

Neither moved or shifted as each group slipped from the call. They were content. Content to be wrapped in arms that brought safety and security to their hearts. Warmth and soft smiles that brightened their souls from a mere glance at one another.

———
Y'know, considering this book doesn't have that many chapters and the chapters themselves are so short, you'd think this would be down by now. I'm a clown 🤡🥰🐡

Love ya babies mwah