December 24th, 2020

Successful Attempt #1
-/-/-

Christmas lights dimmed, movie playing, rounds of laughter. Perfect. The virtual party kicked off without a hitch, everyone had stable connection and treats of their own. After much debate and high pitched screeches of protest from Donghyuck they all decided to watch Home Alone.

Throughout the movie small whines came from the ball of silky white fur in Chenle's lap. The ever attentive parent he is, immediately got up answering Daegal's whine. How he understood what the puppy was saying was beyond Jisung.

"Do you think she should be put in bed? It's getting kind of late." Jisung murmured from the depths of his fuzzy yellow blanket, head resting on Chenle's shoulder.

Something akin to a low rumble of drunken laughter buzzed against Jisung's ear. A warm hand brushed through the unruly hair, fingers untangling knots and scraping against his scalp. "I think you should be put to bed. Soft and kind thing you are, late nights do not do well for you."

Murmurs of sleepy protest barely reached Chenle's ears, the younger had buried himself in Chenle's neck. While Jisung mumbled unintelligible things into the shorter's neck, Chenle had excused them from the party telling them that 'we're tired'. A puppy sleeping on his lap, Jisung almost asleep with his slurring and muffled speech, the ravenette gave a content sigh.

Home.

Jisung abruptly pulled himself from the warm confines of Chenle's personal space. Cheeks flushed, eyes sparkling with drowsy alertness Jisung gave him a rising sun smile, slow and beautiful.

"I really like you."

The strange confession confused Chenle from his affection-drunk stupor. "Huh?"

"Like, I wanna be your boyfriend if you'd have me." Jisung wrung his hands together, fingers visibly clenching underneath the fabric of his blanket. He shifted in place, nervousness welling in the back of his mouth like a bad taste.

Chenle's gaze hardened as he scrutinized the former. Assessing him, he leaned in his face much closer than it had. He watched as Jisung's eyes dilated, lips parting to release a shuddering anxiety-ridden breath.

Oh. Oh.

The deep furrow softened into a love-drunk expression. "You can be my boyfriend you bumbling idiot." His words held zero bite, something similar to a purr rolling from his chest. Without another word he stretched his arms out, silently asking for a hug.

Jisung fumbled forward, shakily hugging Chenle close to him. It was only a hug. But, it wasn't just a hug. No, it was something new, something untread with unknown events. The hug between two best friends went from being a simple show of affection to a spark of hope for something more that bloomed like a flower made of embers.

He breathed in the scent of their fresh linen laundry detergent mixed with the fruity smell of dessert. Careful of the sleeping puppy on the latter's lap, he mumbled his unspoken affection through fingers running through the silky black locks at the nape of Chenle's neck.

"Do you want a kiss?"

Jisung exhaled against Chenle's chest, rubbing his cheek on the fabric of his hoodie like a cat asking for pets would. He swallowed the lump in his throat, finally blinking his eyes open. "Y-yeah."

Gentle hands guided the younger male up and into a clumsy but cute kiss. It was awkward and endearing at the same time. Sparks and crackles like fireworks shut up Jisung's spine. The brief kiss winded the young man. Cranberry and orange breath startled him back, hand flying up to clench his nose.

"I can't believe you like that weird cranberry and walnut stuff. It's so bitter and gross even with all of the sugar added in." And so the heartfelt connecting moment fell flat in the typical Jisung fashion.

The Chinese grinned down at him, his heart pounded against his rib cage. Elation flushed his body, pink dusting his face. "Oh hush, you drama queen."

---
One more left, I hope you've enjoyed this. I'll see you soon.