Ch. 3

私を愛して

.

.

.

Getting changed into your uniform, you brushed your hair and teeth. Your mother made you a quick breakfast, afterwards, you grabbed your bag and left. You catch eyes with a familiar pair, indigo. Tamaki's indigo eyes. "Tamaki..? what're you doing here?" you ask, stepping down the front steps to the driveway. "I-I wanted to walk w-with you" He gives you a crooked smile. "Oh, Um, why not?" you shrug and smile, walking with him.

'How does he know where I live?' You raise an eyebrow in confusion. The walk was mostly silent, with a little small talk here and there. Every time Tamaki spoke though, he'd ask questions about you. Maybe he was just trying to be polite and catch up more over the years. You answered most of them, dismissing the couple questions that were kind of...personal.

"So Tamaki, have you gotten a girlfriend yet?" you giggle, making him a little flustered. "N-No...I don't really l-like anyone...kind of..." He struggled to speak. "Kind of? so you kind of like someone?" you got curious. "I-I mean, u-um, I don't know" He dismissed everything you asked. "Oh, okay" you shrug.

Walking through the school gates, you meet up with Mirio and Nejire. You all talked and laughed until Nejire touched you. She was only tapping your arm as she does with Mirio, Tamaki spoke up.

"Nejire, stop" Tamaki said in a serious tone. She glanced up to Tamaki, confused. She chuckled jokingly, brushing it off and tapping you on the arm more. Tamaki grabbed her wrist tightly, pushing you away from her. She was shocked, he'd never been like this.

"I said, stop" he growls before twisting her wrist painfully and continuing walking. Nejire just stood there, frustrated. "I'll be back," you say to Nejire, catching up to Tamaki. "What the hell was that?! Tamaki!" You grab his arm and yank him back. "What's with you!?" you say in anger. "Nothing" he muttered. "Tell me!" you yank him once more. "I said, nothing-" "No! tell me the truth, please!" you say. Tamaki sighs, furrowed eyebrows. "I just didn't like the way she was touching you" He mutters. 

"And?! It wasn't hurting you or causing a scene if you got upset just by her tapping me then you seriously have something you need to sort out" you grunt.

'Your so cute when your mad, No, she's right, somethings wrong with me, I need help' Tamaki's thoughts raced to conclusions. "Whatever let's just go" you sigh, Tamaki follows you inside.

You weren't petty, even after what happened, you weren't planning on dwelling on it for too long. Yes, it did affect your mood but letting it ruin your day would just ruin other peoples moods as well.

Tamaki on the other hand was a completely different story. It bugged him the whole day, he constantly shot glares at Nejire when passing her through the halls, yet he didn't understand why. He just suddenly hated her, but because of her tapping you? why? you were right, it wasn't hurting anybody and if you were uncomfortable you could've just told her to stop, but he wanted to do it himself.

He didn't feel bad, not at all. He was just pondering, wondering what'd made him so defensive lately and why you were stuck in his mind.

"I'm really s-sorry for before, I-I was thinking we could g-go to the library" Tamaki scratched his head nervously.

The library reminded you of something, a memory. You remembered when you were younger how you and Tamaki would read at the libraries after school, especially when it was raining. "Why not? sounds nice" you smile a little. Tamaki's chest warmed, a pleasant feeling settling in him.

It was only a 15-minute walk, it was cloudy and soon light rain poured down just as you two arrived.

The library was calm and quiet, just like Tamaki. No wonder this was one of his favourite places. Just like when you were younger, you two parted ways to find your desired books and joined back together to read them with each other. Watching Tamaki's eyes curiously gaze over the books made your face redden, it was a little cute. His long pale fingers gently grazed over the edges of the books, sometimes picking a book up and browsing the contents.