**chapter 28 **

I woke up to a sharp clattering sound. I stood up from my bed and did a little stretch to suite myself to the cool breeze .Took a long and calm breath and a pleasant smell hit my nose.  The smell of the  sand during rainy season. I always love that smell. I makes me feel fresh and positive. That's also a reason why I love rain so much.  I marched towards the private terrace near our bedroom as the sky slowly started to pour. I really wanted to get drenched in rain. ' You were unconscious and had fever yesterday or technically was it today ' my mind screamed. ' Go to hell ' said my heart.

  I smiled and went under the open sky.  Lifting my head facing the sky I enjoyed the tiny drop of it. Closing my eyes I tried to calm my nerves. Yesterday's scene played fresh in my mind forcing me to open my eyes with a jolt. I don't believe it's happening again. Just one incident and it started opening up all of my buried past. 

   I tried closing my eyes again and it directed me straight towards that blurry image. I sighed to myself ' it should not start again '.

   I turned to get inside the bedroom but noticed something through peripheral vision. I went back and I saw Abhishek standing in the front yard all drenched.

'What exactly is he doing there? ' 

  Well, like a way of him saying 'I am not not alone' there were a few men behind him and one man standing before him.

'Wait . Should I say trembling. Well you can kind of sa...y '

Before I could finish the sentence Abhishek kicked him in his chest causing him to fall down. He knelt down near him and placed the gun on his forehead.

'Woah that was quick. ' I was startled. My breath hitched on seeing the scene. Similar scene displayed over my head.  I immediately shook it off.

'Please give me a chance to explain ' He screamed under him.  I can see it definitely doesn't make any difference. He didn't  budge but his grip went further tight and placed his finger over the trigger.
" No please don't shoot me. Let me explain give me a chance." The man under him was literally begging him.

' No. No he is definitely not the same.' I said to myself. 

Abhishek pulled the trigger and I couldn't hold myself and I shouted. 

" No Abhishek ..." Shutting my eyes and ears unwilling to hear the sound of the bullet. The sound of the bullet. 

The image rushed into my mind. This time a very clear picture of a body lying on the road who was just killed infront of me with his blood splashed all over my face.
I tried to control my breath saying, it happened years ago and will not happen again. But failed. I failed over the attempt to pacify myself.  

Tears were flowing down my eyes. How much ever I tried to come out of it I found myself playing that incident over and over again.

   I placed my hands over the wall balancing myself. 

I could have saved... Saved him. It's all because of m....

" Pragya..... " I broke from the trace of thought just to see Abhishek all soaked in water with long strides was walking towards me but I forcefully walked backward.  It don't think it is a reflex reaction. I was seriously afraid. As I moved back I got soaked in rain evermore. This moment I feel alone I don't have anyone in this world whom I could absolutely relay on. For the first time in my whole marriage I was freaking afraid of Abhishek.  

   My legs did not stop till I tipped off the parapet. I attempted to balance but slipped due to water. But before the situation went severe, his hand found its way around my shoulder while other balanced both of us over the parapet. I turned only to meet those piercing brown eyes ready to kill me for what I was doing.