Invitation

Lilly POV

I went to bed giddy that night and slept for over four hours. In the morning, I did my run to G-Eazy, showered, and decided on something a bit classier to wear to work that day. I wore navy blue dress slacks and a collared white shirt with just the right amount of cleavage and finished the look with heels and a gold chain dangling from my neck. "Sophisticated yet seductive." I spoke to my reflection in the mirror, finished putting on some makeup, and spritzed perfume on my chest.

When I arrived at work, everyone was congregated in the front of the building discussing differing acts for the show and talking about lighting schemes. It was exciting! I was thrilled to be a part of this.

"Hey girl, I keep seeing you around here. You fine as fuck!" 

I looked behind me and it was one of the lame, new younger guys tryin to holla.

"pssht, one, fuck off, and two, I'm probably old enough to be your mother" I sassed back.

He looked me up and down and came out with, "You can't be older than twenty-nine."

"Higher" 

"Thirty-three." 

"Higher" I smiled.

"Thirty-six?"

"I'm forty-two." 

"That body don't look forty-two. Maybe you could teach me something. I guarantee you ain't had nobody like me before." 

The dopey kid came closer.

I amused myself by answering his immature bullshit, "Oh, I have met guys like you before. I've met quite a few pathetic, pretty boys like you before."

Then I heard Marshall behind me, "Hey baby, I was looking for you!" He put his arm around me and kissed my neck to save me from dork boy. 

 "You tryin to hit on my woman?" Marshall yelled at the kid.

"Oh, this is your girl?" The kid asked obviously embarrassed. "Sorry man. I didn't know."

"Yeah. I'm Eminem's girl." I stated with an attitude. "So, don't fuck with me!"

The kid apologized again and got lost.

Marshall and I laughed about it all the way up the steps to my office and he kept his arm around me. 

 "You do look sexy as fuck today." Marshall whispered in my ear. 

That shit made me feel like a million bucks!

"This is my office" I announced as we entered. 

Marshall ran over to all my pictures.

"Your kids, right?" he asked and I nodded yes.  He pulled out his phone and scrolled through some pictures. "These are my daughters." 

"They're so pretty Marshall."

"Thank you." He looked up. "You sleep better last night?" 

"I did. I slept five hours instead of four. It's a start." 

"Look, um, anytime you can't sleep or if you're scared, you can call me. I mean, I don't really know if you want to talk about it, just know I'm here." Marshall said quietly.

"Thank you, Marshall. That means a lot." 

We looked in each other's eyes and both felt the fire between us.

"Anyway, my boy is having a party this weekend and I want you to come." He said as he sprawled out on my couch. "It's a pool party, so be sure to wear your thong."

I rolled my eyes and laughed at him.

Shiq suddenly burst in the door, "Yo girl, we need you downstairs for," when she saw Marshall sitting on my couch she stopped mid-sentence, "Oh, so you're in here with Marshall?"

"Yep" I answered waiting for her response.

She laughed and rolled her eyes, "Girl, you is something else. You are needed downstairs though." 

Shiq then turned to Marshall, "Wassup Marshall." 

"Hey, how you doin Shiq?" he answered. 

Shiq left the room and Marshall got on his phone.

"Crystal? This is Mr. Mathers. Lilly is busy at the moment briefing me on the morning itinerary and will not be available for the next 20 minutes."

I lost my breath laughing, "You are so crazy!"

Marshall smiled, grabbing my hands to pull me down onto the couch with him.  He held me close as we had last night and kissed my cheek.

"I love making you laugh. I missed you."

It felt good, but I was still cautious, "You've known me for three days." 

"I don't care. You got this way about you."

We sat there together for our twenty minutes he bought us as he placed little kisses on my head and caressed my bare arms.  There it was, that safe feeling again.  I was tingly to feel his arms wrapped around me so tightly and I know he felt it too.

"Well I guess we should get to work." Marshall said reluctantly as he rose from the couch. "Hey, Saturday night, bring Shiq with."

"Alright. Sounds fun." I smiled.

"You may even get me to bust a move." He said in a funny voice, making me giggle yet again.