Issues

Lilly POV

I walked into work with Shiq that morning wearing my pink Victoria's Secret sweat suit and white and pink Adidas Falcons.

"So watchu got going on this weekend? Party with rappers, backstage passes, hot date with your famous boyfriend?" Shiq laughed.

"No. Marshall and I are just going to stay in and relax." 

"Yeah, so hot date with your famous boyfriend." Shiq rolled her eyes.

"No, it's not like that.  We hangout. We enjoy each other's company, but I can't even think about being intimate with a man yet. We don't even kiss."

"I know, but you do notice how he looks at you, right? That boy is head over heels for you."

I nodded my head, "I know. I really like him too, but I'm worried he'll give up on me before I'm ready to take it to the next level. This came from out of nowhere."

We made it to the top of the stairs and turned the corner to my office. In front of my door was a stuffed panda wearing an Eminem t-shirt. There was a note with it that read: Hold me at night, I'll keep you safe Gorgeous.  I had to put my hand over my mouth to stifle my giddy giggling.

Shiq smiled at the gesture, "Oh my god, he is so sweet."

I handed Shiq my phone, "Here, take a pic!" 

 I sent the picture to Marshall of me squeezing the bear and smiling profusely.

L- Thank you for brightening my morning sweetie!!!! 

M- I wanted you to start your day with a smile!

I spent the morning in my office doing paperwork and planning for tour.  I facetimed with my children for a bit, they were spending the day ay Hershey Park.  Marshall was downstairs rehearsing.

Around lunchtime there was a knock on my door. "Come in!"  

 Emilio entered, kissed my cheek, and noticed the bear on my desk.

"Marshall?" He asked. 

I smiled and nodded. 

 "My man's killin it." He grinned. "I just wanted to let you know that Marshall and I had a little talk the other day. I didn't go overboard, I just told him I was there that night and witnessed what a traumatic event it was. I don't want you to feel like I'm talking behind your back."

"That's fine." I approved. "You didn't tell him...anything else?"

"Nah, I figured that was up to you."

Five years ago, Emilio and I hooked up, once, and it was terrible. And once more and it was amazing, but there were some cocktails involved that night.  We're both attractive, but there is no romantic chemistry, probably because there's almost a twenty-year age difference between us.  I chose to keep it to myself and no one in the office knew, not even Shiq. It was embarrassing, plus it was nobody's business.

~~~~~~

When work ended that day, Marshall had a car waiting for me. The car was my transportation to a spa where they gave me a robe, slippers, and a wrap for my long hair.  I received a spectacular massage  followed by a stay in the steam room. Finally, I was escorted to another room where I was treated to a facial. I was in a blissful state of relaxation and could not wait to see Marshall!

The car then took me back to the Paramount parking lot so I could drive home in my Mercedes. The Escalade was already waiting for me in the driveway and we hurried into the house, so Marshall was not spotted.