I Think I Wanna Marry You

Lilly POV

That Sunday morning I had brunch with Shiq, Crystal, and Gina before they all flew home the following day. They were thrilled for my upcoming wedding to Marshall. It had been both the best and worst year of my life and I know my friends were happy for me.

Shiq's voice boomed, "Oh girl, lemme see that ring again!" 

I showed Shiquonda my left hand. 

"That shit sparkles!" Shiq was impressed and I beamed with pride.

"You guys gonna have a big wedding?" Gina asked.

"No, just closest friends and family. About seventy-five people. All five of our girls will be our bridesmaids and Dom is going to walk me down the aisle. Marshall's brother is his best man."

"Aw how sweet. And what are your colors?" Crystal questioned.

"I'm not sure yet." I answered.

Gina asked, "Have you picked a date?"

"March 28th."

"Why does that day sound familiar?" Gina pondered.

Shiq answered loudly, "It's the day she was raped!" 

I shushed Shiq. 

"Are you sure you want to do that?" Shiq asked, lowering her voice.

"Yeah, I just thought instead of being depressed on that day, I could marry my soulmate. This way it's filled with beautiful memories of our wedding every year."

"That makes sense. I think it's a good idea Lilly." Crystal told me.

Gina added, "Well shit, that's only two and a half months away!"

"It's twelve weeks to the day!" I smiled.

We stayed for a bit more talking about what Shiq and Crystal were up to in LA and Gina told stories of what it was like to be a vet tech. in Philly. When we finished, we all hugged, and I promised them that they would be receiving invitations in the mail very soon.

I returned home to find Marshall downstairs in the studio. He smiled when he saw me and finished what he was doing.

"How was girl time?" He asked, kissing me.

"We mostly talked about the wedding."

"This is your deal, whatever you want. I'll even dress up like a penguin if you want."

I laughed at my fiancé.

 I still can't believe that Marshall proposed, and I love that he did it on New Year's Eve. So romantic and original! Our wedding date is rather quick, but we are in love. We want the same things out of life, we have so much in common. Why wait?

I told Marshall about my ideas to have a small wedding at the house and to just have the kids and his brother in the wedding party and he agreed. Marshall told me I can plan the entire wedding; I can choose whatever colors and food I want and he'll just show up. March 28th is a Sunday, so I thought we can have an early afternoon ceremony, reception to start by three 'o'clock. Marshall knows that my style is bright and gaudy, so when I expressed to him that I wanted our colors to be red and gold, he agreed to it. We decided that the next day I would contact the bakery, caterer, and wedding coordinator for red and gold décor. It is all coming together!

~~~~~~

I called the vendors the following morning to set up times to meet with them. I then group texted the girls and told them I wanted them all to come over later that evening. Marshall let me know that he had gotten ahold of Nate and they would be over later tonight too. We planned on officially inviting everyone to be in the wedding party.