Revenge

Marshall POV:

When Kelly gained consciousness, I screamed at her that she obviously had no respect for Lilly or our relationship at all. I sent her to the airport and told her to never come back. She is no longer welcome in our home. I must talk to my Lilly.

Lilly POV:

I made it over to Hailie's apartment where Hailie invited me in and helped to dress me up for our night out. I had brought with me, my sexiest red spaghetti strap dress and heels and looked hot and flirty.

"You don't seem like yourself

"You don't seem like yourself." Hailie noticed.

"Oh, I just have some stuff on my mind, I'm fine." 

Hailie helped me to do a smoky eye and red lips. I was not about to talk shit on Marshall to his daughter or let her know that we were on the rocks. It would be inappropriate to involve Hailie.

We made it to the club and sat at a table with Hailie's friends. Hailie could tell that I was not enjoying myself whatsoever which is a shame because I looked fantastic. I couldn't help but be  preoccupied and nervous, at one point I almost broke down and cried.

"C'mon Lilly!" Hailie yelled and grabbed me to pull me onto the dance floor.

As much as I was focusing on the Marshall situation, it was fun to be dressed up and let loose to the music.

"Holy Shit! Is that Lilly from Philly?" a loud boisterous voice shouted from across the bar.

I looked up to see Jamal coming over to me.

"You look way different." He hugged me. "Where's Marshall tonight?"

That stung and my face showed it.

"Oh, I don't know. He's home or somewhere, I'm not really sure." I answered.

"Whatchu drinking?"

"Club soda with lime." I sighed.

Hailie POV:

My dad texted me and asked if I was with Lilly. I told him "yes" and that she is upset, even tearful at times. He texted me again and asked where we are, and I told him we are at the club.

I looked up to see that Lilly had returned to our table. I leaned over and whispered to her that dad wants to talk to her, and she said she has not been answering his texts all night because he stabbed her in the back.

Jesus, I didn't realize it was all like that. I felt so bad for her. Lilly is such a sweetie. Has he seriously managed to screw up the best relationship he's ever had? Lilly glanced at her phone and started to tear up again. I watched her excuse herself to retreat to the ladies' room.

My dad texted me again to ask what club we are at. At least he cares enough to try to win her back. I let him know where we are. I got up to follow Lilly into the restroom and see if I could help her sort this out, but then I saw her in the hallway talking to Jamal. I took this opportunity to eavesdrop.