Good Food, Good Vibes

Marshall POV

Angel and Dominic would be arriving in a couple hours and I was working out downstairs. Lilly took this time to start preparing her special dinner.

"Hey old man!" Hailie shouted and spooked me as I was running on the treadmill.

"You scared the shit out of me!" I told her and leaned in for a kiss.  "What's up baby?"

"Lilly invited us."

"Laney and Whitney are here too?"

"Yeah, they're upstairs helping Lilly.  We're having family dinner."

I smiled, but tried to play it off that I wasn't so giddy. I loved that Lilly had the energy and style of a young girl, with the wisdom and experience of a grown ass woman. I talked with my daughter for a while before going to get showered and changed. I greeted my daughters and placed a kiss on Lilly's cheek as I walked through the kitchen.

Lilly told Whitney what to put in the guacamole and had Alaina preparing the rice. She told Hailie to cut up some lemons and limes to make a pitcher of virgin margaritas. Lilly put the chicken, beans, and cheese in then shells, wrapped up the enchiladas, and placed them in the oven.

I came downstairs and smiled to see all my girls at work in the kitchen. I looked out front to see Sam pulling up with Dom and Angel and opened the door to help with their bags. Lilly ran over to give them hugs and kisses and tell them how much she had missed them.

I gave Lilly's kids a tour of the house and Dom was thrilled to learn that I have a basketball court. I then showed them their rooms and told them they could decorate them however they like. The two kids were ecstatic at their new living situation.

Lilly called us into the dining room when all the food was ready. Everyone was starving! Our new family talked about the kids starting school here in Detroit and Hailie offered to show them around the city. Lilly told them that she had already purchased a new car and had her business up and running here in Detroit. She also mentioned that she would be returning to LA one last time later that month to tie up loose ends.

Everyone loved Lilly's dinner, demolishing her enchiladas. Alaina offered to clean up afterward and motioned for the kids to follow suit.

"Thanks for dinner Lilly. You're a good cook." Alaina said as she carried the dirty dishes into the kitchen.

"Yeah mom. I missed your cooking." Angel said.

Me and Lilly laid on the couch together to watch some TV after dinner while the kids listened to music and cracked jokes as they cleaned the kitchen and loaded the dishwasher. When they were finished, they decided to go down to the theatre to watch a movie, giving Lilly and I some privacy.

Once we were alone, I pulled Lilly close and kissed her. "Thank you." I said looking deep in her eyes.

"For what?" she smiled.

"For planning a nice dinner for the family. You're the mom of the house. You always know just what to do to make everyone feel good. I want you to know I see it and I appreciate you."

Lilly smiled and laid on my chest snuggling in as I played with her hair.

Meanwhile downstairs...

"You guys like horror, right?" Hailie asked Angel and Dom.

They both nodded. 

 "Let's watch The Purge!" Angel suggested.

As Hailie was bringing up the movie Alaina looked over to Angel and Dom to tell them "Just so you guys know, I'm really happy your mom is with our dad. He's, ya know, different when he's with her."

Angel answered, "Yeah, I see it in my mom too. They make a really cool couple."

"Your dad's been really good to me." Dom threw in. "He always brought me with him to soundcheck when we were on tour and introduced me to all his buddies. I know he didn't have to do that." 

Spoken like a mature little gentleman.

The kids hung out downstairs in the theatre until the wee hours of the morning watching movies and eating junk food.

Upstairs...

I asked Lilly if she was ready for bed and she nodded sleepily. We went up to our room to enjoy that awesome chemistry the way only the two of us can.