Lilly's In Philly

The day I had been waiting for was finally here! I woke up with Marshall in Cincinnati at 6 AM to pack up and board the bus. We were both wearing comfy clothes to board the bus and would change later. Philly was an 8-hour drive, so we would be spending the entire day on the road.

I rode on Marshall's bus for this one and he told me to bring Shiq on his bus as well. As everyone was boarding and getting situated, I sent a group text to my kids, my bestie in Philly (Gina), and my sister Kelly.

L: Leaving Ohio now! I'll text in a few hours!

Earlier in the week Marshall had asked how many backstage passes I would need and when I told him "five" his response was "not a problem, I gotchu." 

Marshall surprised me when he told me that they were able to rent the top two floors of The Windsor, so we would have it all to ourselves for the weekend. The Windsor is a swanky hotel with a rooftop pool.  Crystal is also originally from Philly so she would have guests too.

Shiq entered the bus in sweats, a t-shirt, slippers, and a head wrap. "Sup?" She said quietly as she walked past us and fell into one of the bunks. I, on the other hand, was too excited to sleep. I sat in the kitchen area listening to music and nibbling on my Eggos as Marshall scribbled some rhymes.

When we were halfway there, I could not stand the anticipation anymore. 

"Do you mind if I get the first shower?"

Marshall simply shook his head "no" without removing his Beats headphones. I took a quick shower and washed my hair. I wore my Philadelphia 76ers jersey, ripped jeans, and the red and blue Versace's that I just got in Detroit.

I leaned into Shiq's bunk and told her to start getting ready. Shiq started prepping for the night and Marshall was already busy getting showered and dressed.

L: One more hour! (I group texted her people)

I then texted my best friend Gina and told her that Gino's should be in the back parking lot with the cheesesteaks and CashApped her the amount to pay for them.  I sat staring out the window to watch the exits pass as we neared my hometown.

Royce, Porter, Alchemist, and Paul joined Marshall and I in the common area on the bus and tried to make small talk through my excitement. I answered texts to my kids and started getting teary-eyed. Finally, the moment arrived when the bus pulled into the venue. I started crying and stood up before the bus fully stopped.

My kids, Gina, and my sister were right there in sight.  I ran off the bus and beelined to my kids' arms. Marshall watched from inside the bus to observe me for once being genuinely happy. I talked with them for a moment and then we all reached in Gina's car and brought out tons of "Gino's" bags. I hurried around distributing all the cheesesteaks to the tour staff. Crystal had a few guests and took them to her tour bus to eat and chill. I brought my fam onto Marshall's bus and introduced the entire group to my kids.

"This is Tessa, Angel, and Dominic." I said excitedly.

The kids had stars in their eyes as they met and shook hands with the crew and then, of course, Marshall. Tessa is tall and slender with dark hair, Angel looks a lot like her sister, but with piercing blue eyes and Dominic had dark hair and diamond studs in his ears. He is a little lady killer. Everyone sat around eating and getting to know each other. It was a bit awkward.

"So, Mom, what's your job exactly?" Tessa broke the ice.

"Soundcheck is about to start. I would love for you guys to join me and I'll show you everything I do each night." I offered.

"And what do you do Mr. Eminem?" Angel asked.

Marshall tried not to laugh, "Call me Marshall and I just rap. And follow your mom around to annoy her."