Bounce Back

Lilly POV

I went over to Shiqonda's condo the night after I got back from Italy and we invited Crystal over too.  I brought back some authentic pasta, sauce, and cannolis from my trip to share with my girlfriends. That night I had taken some extra time to do my makeup and put my hair up. Crystal answered the door when I arrived. "Oh my god, you look amazing." Crystal greeted me and all three of us pitched in with the cooking.

We had a great time enjoying our dinner as I told them stories of my romantic weekend in Italy. They oohed and aahed at the pictures I had taken and I think they were beginning to notice a glow about me that had been diminished for quite some time.

"So, when you gonna let him hit it?" Shiq wanted to know. "He took you to Italy for Christ sake."

"I don't know yet.  Just thinking about it makes me hyperventilate. I have one more counseling session this week before we head out on tour and I plan to ask how to go about resuming intimate relations after being the victim of a sexual assault."

Crystal, who was more like a mother figure, assured me, "You don't owe him anything. There's no time limit on having sex with a man. You handle this however you want to handle it."

Just then Marshall texted...

M: waddup sexy?

L: Having dinner with the girls (I sent a pic of our Italian dinner)

My phone rang and it was him. 

"I'll make this quick since you're with your friends, but while we're on tour, do you wanna stay in my room and on my bus since you're my girl now?"

I was a little confused, "Am I your girl?" 

"Of course!" 

"Marshall, I want to spend a lot of time with you, but for now, I don't think it's healthy to be together every single moment. I want to experience this with my friends as well." 

Luckily, he understood, and I got back to my dinner.  I knew I told him the right thing because it's not my style to rush right into a relationship.

We sat on Shiq's porch and kicked it, but my phone kept pinging. It was a client who I had been having a conversation with earlier about buying a shoe lot from me.  I needed the sale to happen the next day so I would have some spending money while on tour. The client agreed to meet tomorrow at Paramount. 

 "I gotta get out of here, I gotta go home and clean shoes!"

The next day when I showed up at work, I was on point.  In the shoe game, you gotta flex. You can't show up to sell a $1500 pair of Off Whites while you're wearing Vans.   It's not a good look.

I wore a black spaghetti strap tank with tats and tits all out, tight ripped jeans, and the black and yellow air maxes from Italy.  My hair was crazy and curly with bright red lips. (Every once in a while, I like to remind everyone I'm a bad bitch!)

There was a stage area that was way smaller than an actual arena, but it was what Marshall was using to rehearse

There was a stage area that was way smaller than an actual arena, but it was what Marshall was using to rehearse.  I heard loud music and followed. Only 3 days til tour! When I entered the stage area Marshall was up on stage murdering it and he was wearing his pair of air maxes too!

"Oh my god, now they fuckin dressin alike." Shiq rolled her eyes.

The band started to play No Love which is one of my jams.  I did my run to it some mornings. There were approximately a dozen people scattered around the room, but I didn't care.  I went straight to the front of the stage and started wilding out. Rapping along, dancing, flailing my arms, pointing, all the while holding eye contact with my captivated Marshall.

I'm alive again

More alive than I have been in my whole entire life I can
See these people's ears perk up as I begin to spaz with the pen,
I'm a little bit sicker than most,
Shit's gonna get thick again, they say the
Competition is stiff, but I get a hard dick from this shit, now stick it in
I ain't never giving in again
Caution to the wind, complete freedom,
Look at these rappers, how I treat them so why the fuck would I join 'em when I beat 'em yeah
They call me a freak 'cause I like to spit on these pussies 'fore I eat them
Man get these whack cocksuckers off stage, where the fuck is Kanye when you need him?
Snatch the mic from him, bitch I'mma let you finish in a minute,
Yeah that rap was tight, but I'm 'bout to spit the greatest verse of all time
So you might want to go back to the lab tonight and um
Scribble out them rhymes you were gonna spit and start over from scratch and write new ones
But I'm afraid that it ain't gonna make no difference
When I rip this stage and tear it in half tonight
It's an adrenaline rush to feel the bass thump in the place
All the way to the parking lot, fellow
Set fire to the mic and ignite the crowd
You can see the sparks from hot metal
Cold-hearted from the day I Bogarted the game I so started
To rock fellow, when I'm not even in my harshest
You can still get roasted 'cause Marsh is not mellow
'Til I'm toppling from the top I'm not going to stop, I'm standing on my Monopoly board
That means I'm on top of my game and it don't stop, 'til my hip don't hop anymore
When you're so good that you can't say it 'cause it ain't even cool for you to sound cocky anymore
People just get sick 'cause you spit, these fools can't drool or dribble a drop anymore
And you can never break my stride,
You never slow the momentum at any moment I'm about to blow
You'll never take my pride, killing the flow, slow venom and the opponent is getting no
Mercy, mark my words, ain't letting up, relentless I smell blood,
I don't give a fuck, keep giving them hell
Where was you when I fell and needed help up? You get no love

Paul yelled, "Take 5!"

Marshall jumped off the stage and grabbed my hand. "C'mon." There happened to be an elevator right across the hall. He pulled me in after him and closed the door. Marshall pushed me against the wall and started kissing me passionately, twirling his tongue with mine. He placed tiny kisses down my neck to my chest and cleavage.  I grabbed Marshall's head and pushed it down into the space between my breasts before he made his way back up to my lips.

"Every time I see you look better than I remembered." Marshall told me as he put his arms around me to grab my ass.

"I have a shoe sale today."

"Yeah? Gimme one more."  He gave me one more big kiss and smacked my juicy, round ass as I walked away.  I think it's safe to say, we were both smitten.

At lunchtime...

I was in my office listening to old school hip hop to get pumped for my sale that was about to happen.  I text Emilio, (L- 10 min).  I looked in the mirror one last time, got everything together and went downstairs. Marshall was standing there with Emilio.

"He's gonna pull up right here. Just watch me, but it'll be fine. I've done business with dude before. Plus, it's broad daylight, I got my shank on me. I don't give a fuck."

"Her shank?" Marshall asked Emilio and smiled as I walked outside.

"Told ya Lilly is a bad bitch." Emilio answered.

I showed the four pairs of shoes, and everything went well. The customer handed me a stack of money and I waited until the guy drove off to celebrate to myself by dancing and clapping.  I came back inside singing, "I woke up in beast mode!"

I grabbed Marshall and planted a huge kiss on him right in front of our friends. It was the first time it was made clear; Marshall and I are a thing.