Welcome To Detroit City

Lilly POV

We left Bora Bora in the morning and when we finally landed in Detroit it was nighttime. An escalade was waiting and transported us to Marshall's gated community.  I was in awe of his immense home as we brought our luggage inside and Marshall gave me a tour. I got to see his pool, the game room, the theatre, a gym, a bunch of bedrooms, and a basketball court. I could not believe my boyfriend lived in such an amazing place! We ordered a pizza and Marshall told me that tomorrow I would meet his daughters.

I nodded my head slowly at him then asked, "Are you sure we're ready for this step? I mean, what did you tell them about us?"

He simply shrugged, "They're adults now. I just kept it real. Told em I'm in this new relationship, we make each other happy, it's going great. Ya know what I'm sayin? It pretty much is what it is."

I was excited to meet his kids. I knew we would get along great.  Marshall and I were still exhausted from jetlag and went to bed early that night.

I didn't run in the morning because I wanted to prepare to meet Marshall's daughters. Marshall was sneakily stealing glances as I was getting dressed in his master bath. I kept it casual with VaporMax Creamsicles, white jean shorts, an orange tank top, and spritzed on some fruity Victoria Secret body spray. When I came out of the bathroom, Marshall was already dressed.

  When I came out of the bathroom, Marshall was already dressed

"You look beautiful." He kissed me. His phone pinged and he looked at it. "They're pulling up now!"

I took a deep breath and glanced in the mirror. 

 "Relax" Marshall soothed me. "They're gonna love you as much as I do." He hugged me from behind and kissed my cheek to put me at ease.

When Marshall and I reached the downstairs, the girls were already sitting on the couch.

"Don't chu girls knock?" He shouted jokingly.

"We just couldn't wait to see your awesome face." Alaina said with sarcasm in her voice.

They all rose, and Marshall greeted all three of his daughters with hugs and kisses and "I missed you sweethearts". They are all gorgeous and obviously love their dad.

"This is girlfriend Lilly." He told his daughters as he put his arm around me.

"Nice to meet you Lilly." Hailie extended her hand.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her in for a hug. "Sorry, I'm a hugger." I laughed through a big bright smile.

That made Hailie smile too and we felt a connection immediately. I hugged the other two girls and told them about my own children. I told them that my two girls were around their age and liked makeup and fashion and that they would get along great. I added that my son was a bit younger, only twelve years old, but he was mellow and funny, and he would fit right in with Marshall.

The girls had brought McDonald's and passed around McMuffins and hash browns. "Lilly, I got you a mocha frappe." Hailie offered.

"That's perfect. Thank you."