Judgement Day

Lilly POV

The morning of court, I awoke at five AM and got in the shower. Marshall had told me to wake him as soon as I got up, so I woke him as I was drying off.

"You want me to make you breakfast?" He asked.

"Something simple. Maybe oatmeal?" 

I was to report to the courthouse at 9am. I wore a black pants suit, black flats, and pulled my hair up into a big bun. Tiny earrings graced my ears and light makeup on my face. I took a few minutes to meditate and practice my deep breathing.

I slowly walked downstairs as the sun began to rise. Marshall was already in the kitchen and dressed in black jeans and black shirt.

"I made you tea." He offered along with my oatmeal. I gave Marshall a look of desperation and he pulled me into his arms and held me tight. "No matter what happens today, by tonight we'll be on a beach together, just me and you, nobody else." He whispered.

Marshall let go of the embrace and walked across the room to the couch. "Here, I gotchu something." He handed me a silver gift bag held together with a blue ribbon. I untied the ribbon to reveal a black, quilted Chanel bag with gold trim. I looked up at him in shock.

"It goes perfect with your outfit. I want to tell you, you look stunning. You look like," Marshall paused, "a survivor." 

We just stared at each other for a moment.

"Thank you" I whispered.

"There's something inside the bag too." 

I pulled out a box and opened it to reveal a rose gold necklace with the word WARRIOR on it. It was little and simple, but it meant more than I could put into words. I choked up a bit at my boyfriend's thoughtful gifts and we hugged once more for a long time. No words were needed at that moment, we both felt what the other was thinking.

  No words were needed at that moment, we both felt what the other was thinking

After eating a bit of breakfast and placing my new necklace around my neck, we were picked up by the black escalade to take us to the courthouse

After eating a bit of breakfast and placing my new necklace around my neck, we were picked up by the black escalade to take us to the courthouse. It was an uncomfortable twenty minute ride.

When we arrived at the court building, it was surrounded with protestors from both sides. Marshall wanted to escort me to the door, but I assured him that walking in with Eminem on my arm would not help matters. He gave me a lingering kiss and offered his last words of love and support.

I removed my sunglasses. I wanted them to see my eyes. I began my walk to the doors with shouts of "Free Damian" and hate signs surrounding me. That was infuriating!

I then heard a loud scream, "Lilly, you got this girl!" and others chanting my name in support. 

 I saw my best friend Shiquonda and realized that the scream of encouragement came from her. All my LA friends were there, along with some woman's rights groups. I did her best not to cry.

The prosecutor was already waiting for me as I walked through the metal detector and placed my new Chanel bag on the conveyor belt. We had an hour still to go over my testimony and discuss any questions that the defense may ask to tear the case apart.

When 9 AM finally rolled around, the courtroom was filled with spectators. Marshall was able to quietly sneak in and stand in the back under his black hoodie. I was kept in a separate room as parties were sworn in. Damian was there wearing a tailored suit.

The judge announced case # 123456 the people verses Damian Rodriguez on the charges of rape and assault. The prosecutor rose to address the court.

Shiquonda POV:

It has been 3 months since I last saw Damian in person, and I forgot what a big guy he is. He's over 6 feet tall and weighs over 200 pounds. Lilly's petite, I've seen her scrap with other girls a couple times, but she didn't have a chance defending herself against Damian. (Shiq looked back and nodded at Marshall and he nodded back) It's so great that Marshall flew to LA to be here for this, you can tell he really loves her.

Prosecutors opening statement: On the night of March 28th 2019, Damian Rodriguez brutally attacked Lilly Chastain leaving her with a broken orbital, a concussion, biting her neck and chest so hard that he left bitemarks, and leaving her with various bruises all over her body. (The prosecutor shows pictures and the courtroom gasps) He then sexually assaulted her and left her lying on the floor of Paramount Studios. Two other victims have come forward since this brutal night with similar statements. I will prove using DNA evidence collected by a rape kit that it was in fact Damian Rodriguez who committed this assault.

Marshall had a piercing look of pure rage on his face as the prosecutor announced and exhibited Lilly's injuries. It took everything he had not to jump on Damian right there in court and beat the shit out of him.

The defense was up next claiming that the encounter was consensual, and Lilly got those injuries from someone other than Damian. He pointed out the fact that Lilly went with Damian to Paramount Studios on her own accord for the purpose of having sex with him. He claimed that she had been flirting with him all night at the pool hall. The two other "so-called victims" just wanted publicity.

Damian took the stand singing the pathetic song of "she wanted it". He was followed by the two other victims who gave similar stories to Lilly's. Damian lured them somewhere and then took advantage of them. Neither of the other victims had gone to the police because they were afraid they would not be believed.

A guard came to fetch Lilly from the room where she was nervously waiting. "They're ready for your testimony Ms. Chastain."

Lilly slowly walked to the court room and peeked in first. She saw Marshall standing in the back, Emilio was standing in back as well. Shiq and Crystal sat together. Patrick was sat behind them. Lilly fully entered the room. Her mouth went dry. She looked at the prosecutor and over to the defense attorney.

Lilly's eyes met Damian's. She had gone over this moment in her head a million times, but she did not anticipate the effect that looking him in the eyes would have on her. Lilly's breath turned to short, shallow gasps. She could feel blood ringing in her ears and her heart was about to burst out of her chest. Lilly's entire body became hot. Damian smirked at her. At that, she opened her mouth and out escaped a quick whimper. Her sight became blurry and her head swam with dizziness. Lilly fainted right there in the courtroom.