Tour...Reloaded

Tour kicked off the next night in Detroit and was amazing! I spent the night at Marshall's, and  invited Shiq over early the next morning for a swim before the second show in Detroit. Shiq and I sat sipping smoothies by the pool.

"Lilly, I have to say, I know you're awesome, but" Shiq leaned in and whispered, "I never expected to see you living in a mansion with a rapper."

"I don't live here; I'm just spending a few days. And when I'm with Marshall, I forget that he's even Eminem. We have a deeper connection than that." 

I mentioned to Shiq that I recently spent the day with Marshall's daughters, and it went great, they seemed to like me, and I was fond of them as well. I also explained that Marshall had invited my kids to tag along for a couple of shows. It would be an amazing opportunity. Our relationship is progressing naturally as we are gradually introducing and blending our families.

Our discussion turned to Damian's sentencing and I admitted I was disgusted with the result. I felt as though I had humiliated myself and was so full of false hope just for Damian to get a slap on the wrist.

Shiq asked if I had spoken to Emilio lately. I told her "no" and that I feel like we are now strangers to each other. Emilio and I had been good friends at one time despite our past together. He used to come with for protection when I sold shoes, he would play basketball with my son Dominic, and now we don't even speak. We are strangers to each other. The friendship has grown cold.

After our pool day, Shiq and I helped to put on another tremendous show that night in Detroit before we boarded the bus for Ohio. I rode in the crew bus to catch up with my pals but promised Marshall I would share a hotel room with him for this leg of the tour. I hardly ever had night terrors when I slept next to him. He made me feel safe.

It was a four hour bus ride to Ohio. I was listening to music and jotting things down in my journal when there was a presence of a shadow standing over me. I looked up to meet Emilio's eyes.

"You changed your hair again?" He asked in a demeaning tone. "What'd you do it when you were getting your precious fake nails done?"

I gave him a dirty look. 

"So fucking what? I paid for it; I'll do whatever I want."

"Can I sit with you?"

I rolled my eyes, "What-fucking-ever"

"How've you been? How's Marshall?" He asked quietly as he took the seat next to me.

I glared at Emilio from the corner of my eye, "Fine."

"Look, I can't stand this distance between us. I still consider you a good friend."

I looked at Emilio thoughtfully, "I don't know, honestly, you're really annoying lately. You've turned into an asshole. I miss the friendship too, but I don't understand your angle. What happened between us was years ago, you need to go find some twenty-something to wife up."

Emilio nodded, "I know, I' sorry. I respect both you and Marshall. For real, at first, I thought he was using you, not taking you seriously. He really does have a thing for you, I can't believe it."

I scoffed, "You're so fucking weird, but I think I know what you're trying to say."

We hugged it out. The truth is, I missed hanging out with Emilio. At one time we were almost as close as I was with Shiquonda. For the rest of the ride I told Emilio about my wonderful trip to Bora Bora and how meeting Marshall's daughters went so well.

When we got off the buses, I found Marshall and we made it up to our hotel room. I told him about my long talk with Emilio, but Marshall was not impressed. 

 "I still don't like him. He's a weird dude." 

We sat down to eat a bit and chill until the show later that night. It was now five days until we would be in Philadelphia and Marshall would get to meet my children. I couldn't wait to see them! I had never gone so long without seeing my kids in person.

After eating, I started getting ready. 

 "Hey Marshall" I yelled from the bathroom, "whatever happened with the brick getting thrown through the window? Nothing ever came of it, right?"

"Nah, they don't know who did it. I really wouldn't worry about it." He stood at the door watching me get dressed. "If something was gonna happen, it would have happened already."

I knew he was right, but it was nerve racking knowing there were people out there with so much hate for Marshall or myself or both.

"You excited for Philly?" He tried to get my mind off the brick situation.

"Oh my God, you have no idea. I can't wait to show you my town. Which reminds me..." 

I picked up her phone and searched a bit.

Marshall looked on with curiosity as I held the phone to my ear. "Gino's!" The other line answered.

"Hi. My name is Lilly Chastain. I would like to place an order for this Friday afternoon. I will need 300 cheesesteaks delivered to Santander Arena at 4PM."