Good Husband

Lilly POV

I awoke early to several texts and voicemails. Shiq had texted that she and Crystal were at the hotel and would be over soon. Gina texted that her plane landed, and she would be there around noon. My sister even left a crazy drunk message telling me I was a lucky bitch and couldn't even invite my only sister to my wedding.

"Really?" I said to myself as I listened to it.

Then there was a voicemail from Kim telling me she was happy for me and Marshall and wished us all the best. My phone pinged to receive a text message from Marshall.

M: See you at the altar! SOULMATES! <3

I smiled to myself as I texted back.

L: xoxo Love you! 

Marshall and Dominic had stayed at Nate's house last night after the rehearsal dinner. We had decided to go traditional and not see each other until the moment I walked down the aisle. I thought I might have problems sleeping without Marshall, but I had fallen straight asleep for the entire night. I collected myself and jumped out of bed, knocking on the doors as I walked through the hallway.

"C'mon girls! The day is here!"

The girls took turns showering and putting on their red robes for the day. Catering arrived and spread eggs, bacon, tea sandwiches, and juices on the island. We started munching on the breakfast as the doorbell rang again. It was the stylists to start doing hair and makeup.

When I opened the door, there was a bouquet of white roses with one red in the center laying on the porch. "See you soon love" the note read. 

"So sweet" I said to myself.

Shiq pulled up and she and Crystal got out of the car. I ran to them and we all hugged together.

"What a beautiful place for a wedding!" Crystal exclaimed.

"Let me show you where it will be." I said and we walked out to the pool area.

"This is the most impressive wedding I've ever been to." Shiq said.

"Why don't you two get some food and then go upstairs where all the girls are getting ready? I'll be there in a minute."

As Shiq and Crystal went to find the others I texted Marshall.

L: Thanks for the flowers babe! They're beautiful!

Marshall received the text as he was starting to get ready at Nate's house. 

"Flowers? I didn't get her flowers. I got her a Louis Vuitton bag. Shiq's gonna give it to her for me."

"They could be from one of her friends in Philly who couldn't make it. Or one of your people." Ashley told him.

"Yeah, we've been getting random wedding presents and shit sent to the house all week. Dre sent us his and her matching Nikes cuz he knows she's a sneakerhead."

Marshall, Nate, and Dom dressed in their suits and Ashley took some pictures of them. Marshall's nephews both dressed up in their little ties and they were so stinking cute. Around noon, they all made their way to Marshall's house. Marshall and Nate proceeded to the backyard area as Lilly was upstairs getting ready. Dominic went up to check on his mother and sisters.

"Oh my gosh, you look so spiffy!" I shrieked upon seeing Dom in his tux.

"You look beautiful Mom." 

I hugged my son who was now thirteen years old and was already six inches taller than me. I let go of the hug and smiled at him. He was becoming such a handsome young man.