7

I was put down by Jake as I looked at the group around us, Peter, Tristyn, Tracey, Happy, and Harper. "It... Was Riley..." I said and Harper nodded gently as I took steps forward my body changed into an angry cat, "oh no... She usually only does cat when she is either pissed or protecting..." Peter muttered as the group followed the large leopard that now stood at the steps of Riley's home. "RILEY!!!" I screamed loudly the fire was gonna attract the dead I knew it and I knew I had to get the others out of here, Riley came out and his eyes widened at my large angry form "I swear to... Everything I will end you!!!!" I screamed my cat body paced in anger as Riley looked for an escape but the dead could be heard and I stiffened, "you're not worth it" I said turning to the others "let's go... We need resources and stuff... We are leaving" I said and they all sprinted back while Tristyn transported her and Tracey to their home. I heard the screams, gun fire, and the groans of the undead and I froze up my body tensed and I collapsed as I entered the condo. Peter stopped and turned "Sam come on..." He said helping me up and up the stairs as we went, "Peter... I'm scared..." I said and he huffed turning on me and packing my attitude changed when I heard Happy and Jake shout. My body changed and I took on a large wildcat and sprinted out the window onto the front lawn, a group of five undeads were surrounding them and I swiped my large cat claw and took out four. My large jaw opened the took out the last my tail twitched as I growled in frustration as I checked on them with my giant furry nose, "go get Tracey, Tristyn, and Peter... We gotta go!" Happy said and I nodded as I saw Harper pull up in a RV the undead chasing him, I roared loudly for Peter and the others. I shifted into a house cat and jumped onto the RV and the others joined, Tracey and Tristyn getting on through a portal. "Where's Peter?" Tracey asked and I noticed the fire had spread and had engulfed Happy's condo, now it was spreading to ours, "he's still in there!" I said jumping out and shifting "I will be back!" I snarled and I felt someone try to reach me "Sam NO!" I heard Jake yell as I ran into the house my large body pushing through the building "PETER!" I yelled and I shifted sprinting up the stairs and into the room seeing two bags and Peter on the floor smoke filling the room a beam of wood laying next to him "Peter!" I screamed running to him, my anxiety started kicking in as I picked him up opened my wings and grabbed the bags before bursting out. Something clipped my wing and I spiralled down throwing Peter to Happy before crashing into the top of the RV "go Harper GO!" I shouted grabbing on Peter woke as my wings closed. Harper began to drive as the door shut and Peter panicked slightly "she is still here Pete... She is on the roof!" Happy shouted calming the boy down as I remained still and sat up slightly to see Eastwood starting to light up, "whatever happened... It isn't good... We have to go" I heard voices and the gate had opened in an attempt to escape but the undead made its way through.

Two days later, November 24th 2019

I awoke we were still in the RV but it was slowly dying, I was inside now. I groaned as I moved and Jake rushed forward inspecting me as I sat up "the silver serum fixes my body" I said and he hugged me, something VERY out of character for Jake his heart rate was sped up and his breathing irregular. "Jake... I am alright..." I said rubbing his arm gently and he remained hugging me tightly and I sighed wrapping my arms around him, I looked over and noticed Peter watching me I made eye contact with him and his attention was drawn away by Tracey who was inspecting any of his wounds. She kissed his forehead and went about her business but I didn't think much of it, Jake remained where he was as he pulled me towards him Happy was checking on Peter who was watching the interaction in silence.

Harper drove as Tristyn stayed up front with him with a map, "where we headed Trissy?" I called out and she sighed "We are gonna go find Tony and the others..." She said and I nodded gently as Jake remained hugging me, his heart rate had gone down and he fell asleep. I didn't move because I didn't want to bother him as I ran my fingers through his hair, Peter watched but Tracey was leaning on his shoulder sleeping and I sighed as I made eye contact with him and he smiled. I returned the smile and kept running my fingers through Jake's hair, Jake moved slightly his arms wrapping around me tightly as he started to dream. I knew it was good at the start until his grip got tighter and I hummed a song gently and ran my fingers through his hair still, "shhhh..." I soothed him and Jake fell silent again. "We are gonna take a quick break up ahead" Harper said and Happy nodded slightly as I sat on the couch he had asked to move so others could sleep on the bed, and he straddled me and hugged me I didn't question it and just continued to plan with the others. Jake was like a dog, if not enough attention was given he would go out of his way for it, but if you needed help we was willing to help. Honestly I did feel things towards him, but I still wanted to get over Peter before officially going into it, Jake understood what I was going through and didn't force me into anything unwanted which I appreciated greatly. "Thank you...