8

Unknown PoV

I walked through the woods, my eyes looking for the undead as I went through, my long hair down as sparks left my fingers and I continued on my way. I heard the groans and froze using my manipulation to my advantage and jumping into the trees, I looked down in time to see the undead or Walkers as I call them stumble through the underbrush. I uncovered my face of the fabric I had covering it, I sighed my hand on my throwing knives as I stared around for any escape from the horde. I grumbled incoherent words as I sighed and sat back my back resting against the tree, I hummed gently as the groans walked away and I silently jumped down and looked around in silence. 

Samantha's PoV

We stopped an abandoned gas station and I woke Jake up who complained but I giggled and woke him up altogether, "come on sleepy head..." I said and he huffed in frustration and I smiled as he stood and stretched like a cat, I yawned in turn as everyone got out of the RV except for Happy which made me really uneasy but I sighed I shifted into a rottweiler and sat in front of the door. To protect Happy as the others went to get supplies and stuff, I heard stuff in the distance and my hackles rose as I growled but I remained where I was to stay with Happy. I let out a short frustrated huff as my nose twitched in the general direction I was standing now and my left ear twitched, I heard running then someone launched onto the top of the RV. "Holy Shit!" Happy yelled and I shifted and tried seeing what was on top of the RV but I couldn't see because a large horde of the undead was coming this direction and I panicked "Stay in the store!" I yelled getting to the RV and opening the door and slamming it shut. "Happy shush" I said as he started asking me multiple different things "Happy shut up there are Undead outside... It's a horde" I snapped and he instantly shut his mouth, I nodded and had him in the bedroom shutting the window and closing the blinds. I heard the breathing on the roof, it was steady and slightly silent but not silent enough for my ears. I waited, we had to wait out the horde as Jake, Peter, Tracey, Harper, and Tristyn were in the store and it scared me. My anxiety started to pick up when the dead screamed erratically and it made me nerves frazzle uneasily, "Happy...? Are you okay?" I asked and he nodded gently I nodded in return and heard the last of it go. "AHHHHH!!!" I heard a voice scream out and I on instinct jumped out of the RV and towards the sound before I was tackled to the ground, "stay there... It's a Screecher... It's like an owl it will mimic its pain and draw people near. The voice said into my ear and I remained still waiting and the scream never came again "that's the first one but I know its a Screecher because I heard stories about them" the voice said again and I let out a low growl, "get off of me" I said and the weight was taken off my shoulder blades, I spun my wings coming to life as I went to grab the person who tackled me but they were gone. I growled and felt a presence near and my wings opened wide hitting the person and knocking them, "Jeez.... You remind me of my team leader she similar powers to you" the person said and I froze my wings closing, "what's your name?" I asked my mouth closing and my jaw tightened. "Jane Parker nice to meet ya" and I froze "Jane?" I said "oh my gods... Jane!!!" I said loudly and my wings sprung open and wrapped around Jane bringing her to me, "do I know- Sam?" She said and wrapped her arms around me she grew in maturity and height. "Is Peter with you?" She asked and I nodded "Guys!!?" I called out and the store door was blasted open by Tristyn, the others followed out. Jake was the last out his eyes were dull and down cast as he followed the others out, "Jane?" Peter said and rushed forward wrapping Jane in his arms "oh... I have missed you Speedy" Tristyn said tears springing from their eyes as I allowed them through. I walked to Jake who was looking around his eyes wide still "Jake are you alright?" I asked him and he looked at me, "the one in the store... It... It wasn't natural..." He said and I sighed bringing his taller form into a hug. "Hun... None of this is natural..." I said and he hugged me tightly as he burrowed into the crook of my neck, I sighed stepping back "Jake this is Jane... Jane this is Jake" I said and they looked at each other Jane was studying Jake with unease before she smiled and turned to Tristyn, Jake looked at me confused and I shrugged "I haven't seen her in forever... I apologize..." I said and he nodded warmly before wrapping me in a tight hug again.