|| Izaya x Shizuo || Durarara || Pt 1 ||

Izaya's POV

Fingers flying rapidly over his keyboard, Izaya hurried to complete the job. He didn't want anything to get in the way of his daily work and that was why he had ushered everyone out of the door since that morning. The tiny predicament he was dealing with wasn't exactly tiny anymore. It had grown to involve the monster of Ikebukuro. 

Sighing — after all, he didn't want to contact the blonde — he took out one of his many phones and dialled a number.

The ringing tone echoed for more than a few seconds, already, Izaya was growing impatient.

"Who the fuck is this?" Finally the monster had answered.

"Hey Shizu-chan!" Izaya's voice was toned to a much higher level.

"The fuck? Flea? What the hell are you calling me for?" Shizuo's language was still as vulgar as ever.

"Shizu-chan, I need help! Please come over and when you get here, let yourself in. Thanks!" Izaya hung up. Though he sincerely doubted that Shizuo would actually come over, he allowed himself to call the strongest man in Ikebukuro. Truth was, Izaya really needed help. The people who had tried to get information was a group that had only recently formed. Rumour had it that there was someone quite similar to Shizuo in the group. Though that someone may have been made up, the sickening thought of someone replacing Shizuo was enough to get him off his ass.

Back to the topic of getting information, the group had requested information about Izaya's sisters and Shizuo's brother. It was an extremely odd request and of all people, why ask Izaya himself? The thought had been flitting through his mind ever since the job started. Shouldn't they have known that Izaya never gave info about family members?

It didn't matter now. Izaya knew that. If Shizuo really came, then he should be fine. If the idiot didn't, then... Izaya could figure that out later.

Much to his surprise, a moment later, the door was kicked down.

"The hell? What shitbag locks the door when they told someone to let themselves in?" Izaya's door had caved under the weight of Shizuo Heiwajima, the strongest man in Ikebukuro. Slightly embarrassed at the thought of asking Shizuo directly for help, Izaya continued to stall.

"Sorrrry, Shizu-chan! I was afraid of other people barging in." Izaya laughed it off.

"So? What in the stupid fuck's name did you call me here for?" Shizuo seemed angered.

"Well, the people I dealt with seemed to want information about your brother. Wouldn't want him getting hurt, would you?" Izaya smirked, painfully aware that the only thing or person Shizuo cared for was his brother.

Painfully? Yes. It was painful because Izaya had been hopelessly in love since high school. It was silly, and cliche, but Izaya really didn't know how to express his feelings. The two wound up fighting all the time.

"You little piece of lying shit, what did you tell them?"

Izaya laughed, "I gave them what they wanted."

Shizuo roared, a raged expression etched onto his face—

"But! But then I decided that they need to be gotten rid of. That's why I called you." Izaya didn't need too much drama that day.

Shizuo's hands clenched. "Right."

It was so beautiful. Shizuo was, had always been, the better looking one.

"Tell me where these people are, Flea. I'm going there myself."

"One condition! I'm coming with you!" Izaya laughed.

Soon enough the two were walking down the streets with people staring after then, each pedestrian hurrying to get out of their way.

"That's it?" Shizuo gaped at the tiny little shed that was supposedly filled with their enemies.

It was too bad when a pair of muscular men came out of the shack and into the sunlight.

"Way to ruin my good mood." Izaya muttered while whipping out a knife.

Shizuo charged first, taking on the bigger of the two. Leaving the smaller one for Izaya to handle.

Immersed in the fight, Izaya didn't realise he was wounded until the other man hit the ground with a thud.

"He... had a knife?" Izaya gasped, clutching his stomach where the blade had forced its way in. "That little..."

Shizuo was long gone. He had already barged into the shed to try and clear it out. Leaving Izaya drag himself to a nearby corner to try and stop the blood gushing out.

Leaning his head against the wall he was sitting by, Izaya felt his focus slide. His eyes were blurring. "Poisoned too, huh? Must have been difficult..." The thin male spat blood, but it was no use. The blood continued to flow from his mouth even after he spat.

"Flea?" What was the blonde blockhead doing? "Oi! Flea!"

What kind of hallucination was this? Izaya tried to laugh, blood spilling from his mouth instead.

"What the fuck?" Shizuo was muttering something else.

Then Izaya was being lifted up, into a pair of strong arms. Everything was starting to go black. Izaya couldn't seem to keep his eyes open.

And despite that he was sure Shizuo was telling him not to sleep, he slowly drifted into unconsciousness.