Part 4

~Rosie's POV~

We all went our own way. I wish Arson would speak up more, he needs to make friends with all of them. As soon as I saw him I knew I wanted to get to know him. I don't know why, he was the odd one out and didn't talk, I guess you could say I was fascinated by him, and wanted to learn more. I honestly didn't expect him to pay attention to me as much as he did, but as I talked to him he looked down at me and listened. At first, I thought he just didn't like to speak but was fine with other people until I noticed his discomfort towards the others. I'm not gonna lie, I felt pretty special. But as he walked to his room I followed him. I almost had to run since he was a lot faster and taller than me.

Rosie: Hey Arson, I have a question?

Arson: Yes?

Arson answered, but he did so in a quiet voice, still not even looking at me.

Rosie: Why didn't you talk more? To the others I mean?

Arson thought for a little then slowly answered.

Arson: I'm just not a... people person.

Rosie: Ok, well, can you at least try to get along, for me?

When I said "for me" he glanced over for the first time since we started walking. He sighed.

Arson: Fine.

We had reached his room by this time, and he went in. I didn't know what to do so I just followed him in. Should I have done that? I don't know what I'm doing, I just want to spend more time with him but I don't want it to be awkward or anything. Arson glanced over at me, showing a little surprise that I followed him into his room.

Arson: Uhh...why are you following me?

He said in a very careful tone, probably trying not to sound mad or defensive.

Rosie: Oh! Uh-sorry, I just don't want to be alone...hehe.

Arson: Ok then.

I sighed with relief, it didn't seem as though he cared if I joined him in his room. I noticed something, the little times he talked to the others he sounded defensive, I'm guessing he just naturally does that. But when he's with me I can tell he tries to sound nicer, maybe not nicer but he's more careful. It seems he's trying really hard, maybe he actually likes me? I hope, though he doesn't seem like he would. I looked around his room, he had a black fluffy rug and a black bed. It seemed an exact copy of mine but black. He did have one other thing I didn't get, I looked over at a desk that had pencils and a sketchbook.

Rosie: Do you like to draw?

I asked while walking over to the desk, looking at the contents of it.

Arson: Uh... Yeah.

He walked up behind me, and I realized how much taller he was than me. He almost scared me when he came up behind me, maybe it was that I didn't expect it, or that I saw his shadow towering over me.

Rosie: Have you drawn anything yet? Can I see?

I reached for the sketchbook, and before I could even blink he took it from my hands. I had no clue how someone could be so fast. His face flashed a defensive look, that sent a ping of fear through my heart. His face quickly became cold and empty. He won't hurt me, he wouldn't do that, right? I mean do I really know him? Wait, no! What am I thinking he would never hurt me. I felt bad that thought even crossed my mind.

Rosie: O-oh s-sorry.

I tried hard to steady my voice, but failed miserably. Arson's face quickly softened and he seemed to look sad.

Arson: No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been so mean.

It was the most emotion I'd seen him express.

Rosie: No! Don't be, I invaded your space. I will say you surprised me though

I said this all with a laugh, and it seemed arson was still trying to believe me.

Arson: I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you.

Rosie: It's fine! Don't worry about it.

He didn't take my suggestions, and he seemed to continue to worry about it. The loudspeakers played another announcement-

"It is now 11:00 meaning it is officially night time. Have good dreams~"

Hearing the word nighttime reminded me of my body. I noticed how tired I was.

Rosie: Welp I am pretty tired, so I think I'm gonna head to my room.

Arson: Ok. Bye.

Everyone slowly went to their rooms, and after tossing and turning all the crewmates had fallen asleep.