Part 10

Poppy's POV~

I covered my ears but that didn't help.

"Oh, how convenient, you are all gathered together~ wellll, I guess it's time to tell youuuu! You see that little paper, well you weren't supposed to find that but it's fine, in your room there is now a small device, it will have a map on it and something else but we'll get into that later. As far as you know you are all crewmates of this beautiful ship, but soon some of you will find you are special~ two of you have been selected to be an 'imposter'. This very, very special role is an honor to hold~ it will be your duty to kill all of the crewmates! Well except one, but who that one crewmate is will be, your choice! You will also have access to the various vents located around the ship. On the imposter's device will have a map, of course, but also a section to sabotage anything you so please, cut off lights, or take out oxygen. The choice is yours~ on the crewmates device will have a section for certain tasks you can complete. And don't try to look at anyone else's device because no matter what, it is physically impossible for anyone but the owner to lay eyes on their screen. Oh! One quick thing, if you find a body, press the button on your tablet that says "Report", it will call all people on the ship to the cafeteria. And if you think you know who the imposter is, then you can go to the cafeteria, and press that big red button on that table! When these 'meetings' happen you will try to snuff out the imposter! Then you will vote on your device and that's that! Have funnnn~"

....What..this-this can't be happening.

Blanc: I have a question. If we find the "imposters" and vote them out, what will happen?

"Good question....well, I guess you'll just have to find out, and FYI if you vote out a crewmate the same thing happens to them that happens to the imposter."

Poppy: We don't...have to actually. Kill each other do we?

Blanc: Well, I don't know about you but I want to know my role in this.

With that, he walked away to his room. Slowly we all went back to our rooms. Still shaking, I went back to my room. I saw the device they were talking about on my bed. I don't want to look, what if...what if I'm the imposter. I don't want to kill my friends...I grabbed the device, and put my finger on the power button. I sucked in my breath and pressed it.

~Purple's POV~

I can't believe this is happening, I rushed back to my room and grabbed my device. I quickly turned it on, "crewmate". I sighed with relief, I checked where my tasks were, I had a decent amount in electrical, but I decided to do my tasks tomorrow. It was getting late so I went to go get a snack for a quick dinner. I got back and studied my tasks a bit better, trying to find a plan of action. I came up with a good and effective route to get my tasks done as quickly as possible. Then I went to bed and sat there thinking of who could be the imposters, and how different people would react to having to be in that role. After a while, my eyes slowly closed and sleep came to take me away to the land of dreams and nightmares.

~Oliver's POV~

This is stupid. Who in the world brought us here then pinned two people against the rest of us. Like-what twisted weirdo would do that? I am going to find out who the imposter is so we can get this over with already.

I walked over to my bed, where the small tablet was sitting, and I picked it up. What if I was the imposter? I couldn't be- right?

                                                                                * * *

I walked out of my room, stormed down the hallway, and towards the reactor room, where my first task was. I walked up to the big black box with a lot of buttons on it. What was I supposed to do with this? I looked down at my tablet. The two tasks that were in the reactor were the weird number one-and starting the reactor. Starting the reactor was green on my screen, so I assumed that was my task. I reached towards the control panel, and started pressing the buttons. After about five minutes, I heard a ding and my tablet started flashing green. Task completed. I read. Cool-so this wasn't that hard. Just do your task and try not to get killed.