Prologue: Betrayal

Metallic Lights: Third Book in the Metallic Charms Trilogy

Disclaimer: I do not own any characters you recognise (including Tony Stark/Iron Man, Bruce Banner/The Hulk, Steve Rogers/Captain America, Thor, Loki, Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Nick Fury, Agent Phil Coulson, Agent Maria Hill and Amora/Enchantress.)

I only own Noel Claire Willow Barton, Skylar Daniella Evans, Starlie Elizabeth Banner, Richard Hammer, Alice Flinders, David Shaw and Klaus Adler, possibly some other characters and little parts of the plot.

* * *

Prologue: Betrayal

~~~~~~~~~~~{Tony's Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

It was cold, and it was Christmas day. Even with the heating on, the top of the Stark Tower had floors so cold my feet were numb and Steve had the uneasy look on his face like he was drifting off into memories.

"Where's Sky?" I asked, grabbing the pot of coffee and pouring some of it into three mugs.

"She left about an hour ago to see her brother; she's spending lunch with him and then coming back here to have Christmas dinner with us." Steve explained. I nodded thoughtfully and handed a mug to Steve before heading back down the hallway and knocking on Bruce's door.

"Hey, you awake buddy?" I asked, poking my head in.

"Yeah, I was about to come out." Bruce smiled and opened the door wider, spotting the coffee in my hand; he grabbed it and nodded thankfully. He commented, "You're in a good mood."

I was in agreement with him on that one, for the past few weeks I hadn't been the most pleasant of people to be around. I wasn't going to lie, most of it was because I'd broken up with Noel and I still wanted her around, but she'd left. I was like a child that didn't want a toy until someone else was playing with it -and although I knew Thor had Jane, I was constantly haunted by the jealous thoughts of the two of them together.

I shrugged. "It's Christmas, almost New Year. Time to turn over a new leaf, I guess."

"That's very...adult of you, Tony." Bruce chuckled.

"Hey! Tony!" I heard Steve call out, "I think you might want to see this!"

I returned to the lounge where Steve was pretty much pressed up against the glass, staring down at the snow covered sidewalk below us.

"What's going on?" I asked, placing my mug on the kitchen bench. "Don't tell me some Grinch is trying to steal Christmas."

"Unless the Grinch turned into a blonde Asgardian who is talking to a girl who looks suspiciously like Noel, then no." Steve replied, turning around.

"What did you just say?" I cocked my head to the side.

Steve let out a long breath, running his hand through his blonde hair. "I'm ninety-nine per cent sure that Noel is down there."

Without a second thought, I ran to the elevator and pressed every button, telling JARVIS to get me down there as fast as he could.

There was a crowd in the lobby, mainly people seeking a few minutes of refuge from the bitter winter cold outside. I smiled at them politely as I ran outside just as I saw a green-blue portal open up in front of Noel, and as she took the blonde Asgaridan's hand Noel turned around and blew me a kiss with an empathetic, yet crude, look in her eyes.

That was the last I saw of Noel Barton.

* * *

Author's Note: HEY GUYS! So, originally, I was going to post this on the 28th of December, but I had a brain wave last night and started writing this prologue, sent it to Watson and there were no typos -no typos and I wrote it in 20 minutes, SUCCESS!

So, I took that as a sign :)

And so I posted, what do you think? Tony's point of view! I like writing as Tony, its refreshing.

The first few chapters of this, like the other two books, will be written in point of view's other than Noel's. The first chapter will be in Sky's point of view. :)

Next chapter will hopefully be up soon!

Until then, comment, vote, like!

*huggles* arielleblack.

P.S: DECICATED TO @JOURPLEBERRY FOR THE AMAZING COVER SHE MADE ME :D love you Jourples <3

///UPDATE - 10TH JANUARY\\\ 

For those who don't know, I've almost finished NOT FOR THE LIGHT HEARTED and I've finished planning out METALLIC LIGHTS. I just wanted to give you guys an idea of what's to come: there have been 44 chapters planned, and there could possibly be more depending on what happens!  

I've already started writing it and the first chapters will be posted, hopefully, at the end of Jan/start of Feb! :)