Chapter 2: The First Search

Luke contemplated showing the other phantoms. Maybe he was just overreacting, but he needed to tell someone, and the last thing he wanted to do was hurt Julie. The next day, Luke brought the journal to Alex and Reggie.

"Guys?" he said, "there may be more reasons that we're here with Julie than I thought."

"What do you mean?" Alex asked, getting visibly anxious.

"Well, I was snooping around Julie's room and found her mom's journal and it sounds like Bobby might be behind our deaths." Luke said, "And Julie's mom's."

"WHAT? That's impossible, sure Bobby's a song stealer, but he's no murderer he's a damn vegetarian," said Reggie, laughing it off.

"NO I'm serious," Luke replied. "Read the dog eared pages for yourself. Reggie snatched the journal from Luke's hands, beginning to read, Alex reading over his shoulder. They stood for a minute, speechless at what they just read.

"So, this means.." Reggie said.

"Bobby might've killed us," said Luke.

"Now hold on let's not jump to conclusions," said Alex, the typical voice of reason, "this is just conspiracy. We ate bad hot dogs, that's the bottom line."

Luke replied, "yeah but then how do you explain the record contract?"

"And you're trying to tell me it isn't at least a LITTLE bit suspicious that we died right before the biggest gig of our lives?" Reggie said, sounding a confusing mix of snarky and angry.

"You guys may be right, but I think we need to do some snooping to confirm the suspicions." The boys agreed.

They poofed into Bobby's house. No one was home.

"Let's get searching, boys," Luke said as they looked into the room filled with files and folders. They went into his office and began to search, just as Julie's mom did years ago.

"Don't make a mess I don't want Bobby to get mad," said Alex.

"What's he gonna do, kill us?" Reggie said smirking.

"Guys, I think I found something kind of suspicious. Come look." Luke holds up his find: a poster for Bobby's first solo gig. "It says Bobby and not Trevor. Why is this?" said Luke.

"Oh my... LOOK AT THE DATE!" said Alex, practically shaking as he took the paper from Luke and pointed at the text. "It's dated for the night we died, and it says he's performing solo at the Orpheum."

"Holy shit." Reggie said as he took the flyer from Alex's hands. "Why would he do this?"

"I say we check his emails next," said Alex.

"Search for emails dated Oct. 25, 2019." Luke stared blankly at the computer, "how do you use this?" said Luke.

"Let an EXPERT handle this," said Reggie. He accidentally shuts down the computer.

"I- just- UGH let me do it," said Alex with a look of disappointment the other two knew too well. Luke stared over Alex's shoulder, hoping for justice for Julie's mom, but secretly hoping they were wrong.

Alex restarted the computer and opened Bobby's emails. He uses the search by date to find October 25, 2019. Most of the emails were typical: press release requests, online ads, and a plethora of others. One stood out. They find an email from a vague email address: no name or identifying information. It read:

From:

Wilson,

Project Eros complete. 1183467341532.

"What does this mean?" Reggie said. "All I do know is, if we're gonna figure this out and stop Bobby, we're going to need a lot of help."

It was time to tell Julie