Chapter 39: The Message

tw // character death

Luke woke up on the couch in the living space and rubbed his eyes. He turned to his right and remembered why he felt instant euphoria when he awoke. There he was: Reggie, right next to him, just looking at him. As Reggie saw Luke awaken, Luke saw Reggie's eyes shift, trying to make it look like he wasn't staring.

"Were you looking at me?" Luke asked with a smile.

"Maybe," Reggie said playfully.

"Why?" Luke responded.

"Because you're pretty," Reggie said as his face became more red.

Luke leaned over and kissed him, gripping onto his hair, as Reggie closed his eyes, soaking in the kiss. They broke apart after a minute, as Reggie began to get up.

"What are you doing?" Luke asked.

"It's almost 2:00. We have to do something productive," Reggie replied.

"Do we?" Luke questioned with a suggestive smile.

Reggie laughed, "No, Luke. We have songs to work on."

"C'mon one more kiss? Please," Luke pouted, waiting for Reggie.

Reggie smiled. "Alright," he said. He went back over, sat on his lap and kissed him, silently thanking himself for being unable to resist Luke, and he was glad to know that Luke felt the same. "Wow, how did I luck out so much with you?" Reggie said as they pulled apart.

"No, I'm the lucky one," Luke smiled, "You don't know what it's like to kiss you. It's magical to say the least."

"Oh no, are we gonna be that couple?"

"What do you mean?"

"The one that's all sappy and in love all the time."

"Face it, bug. We're already that couple."

Reggie leaned into kiss Luke again, but Luke stopped him, putting his fingers to Reggie's lips before he could. "Nope, you said one more," Luke teased.

"C'mon you can't hold me to that," said Reggie, who was now the one pouting.

"It's like you said, we have work to do," Luke replied.

"Ugh fine," Reggie lightheartedly rolled his eyes. "But you promise you'll kiss me later, right?"

"Of course, I will, bug. Nothing will stop me."

Reggie hopped off Luke's lap, allowing him to get up to get his songbook. Since they had been kicked out of the studio by Julie, they could only write songs for right now without their instruments. Before they could even begin, Rose appeared into the living room, looking distressed.

"Is everything okay? Is Julie okay?" Luke asked, panicked by her demeanor.

"Are you the only two here?" Rose asked, ringing her hands.

"Julie, Flynn, and Carrie are outside in the studio. I'm not quite sure what's going on. They kicked us out," Reggie replied.

"I thought you'd be at Carlos's baseball games," Luke said.

"I was, but then I remember something that can help us, but it could be time sensitive because Caleb would have to be away, which he could still be now," Rose responded.

"What is it?" Reggie blurted.

"It's a weapon I had heard about from some of the other ghosts that were trapped there when I was. It's what Caleb uses on a demon that acts out of turn. I'm not sure what it's called, but people said that when he strikes a demon with it, it disappears. I'm not sure if it's all hearsay, or if it's legitimate, but I think that it's at least worth a try," Rose replied, trying to make sense of this mystical tool.