Twenty Four

Pulling his jeans on faster than the speed of light, Jungkook apparently thought his only option was to dive under the bed as Joe entered the room

Trying to cover my own modesty, I call out to Joe telling him to stay in the sitting room area before he can come barging through the bedroom door. But I apparently wasn't quick enough as Joe now stands at the doorway whilst I hold my shirt up against myself.

"Joe what the hell!" I scream at him, trying to pull the sheets off the bed to cover myself.

"Oh calm down. You know I'm not interested in anyone's tits cupcake. I'm strictly dickly." He waves me off with a grimace before flopping on the bed. "I'm just here to make sure you didn't top yourself."

"Yeah but still! Some privacy please!" I whine, trying to pull my shirt over my head without dropping the sheet.

"Y/N." He sighs, sitting up to look at me. "I've seen you get a bikini wax. Why so shy all of a sudden?"

"You got waxed too ya know." I mutter, giving up and letting the sheet just drop before slipping my shirt on.

Popping my head through the hole, I huff an exasperated breath as Joe grins at me.

"Nice tits."

"Joe what do you want?" I groan, sitting on the bed beside him with my head in my hands. "You know I'm not the type to do anything stupid to myself because of a man, so why are you really here?"

"Y/N, I would like to think after all of these years of being your manager, that I am also your friend. And as a friend I'm here to be by your side during a shitty situation. So tell me a girl, how are you really handling this?"

"Honestly?" I frown. "I'm hurt. I didn't think that Jin would do something like this, I thought he loved me enough to avoid temptation." Chuckling to myself, I continue after a brief moment. "Guess I was wrong."

"So it's true? He admitted it?" Joe asks me, crossing his legs, tilting his head to the side.

"No, he denied it. He tried to make me believe that all the evidence was false, that the pictures are fake and I'm crazy if I believe that they are true."

Furrowing his eyebrows, his mouth opens only to be shut again sharply before repeating the same motion and blowing out a puff of air.

"But if he's denying it, how do you know it's true?" He asks, his eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"I just know." I say flatly.

"Well, let's just hope you get over this faster than you did that Jungkook guy. I still remember the night you were balling your eyes out after a few too many cocktails years ago. Going on about how he's the love of your life and that you should have fought harder to make him not leave you." Remembering the night all too well, your head drops slightly as you know that was just one of many nights spent that way. "And again, I'm saying this as your friend and not your manager. I see the sparkle he has when he looks at you. The love is still there. Even if you do describe it as the most painful and heart wrenching thing you have ever experienced. That man still loves you. It just sucks that it happened to be his wife that ruined your marriage. He's got a unique way of ruining your life hasn't he?" He chuckles at the end.

"He didn't ruin my life Joe." I shake my head.

"At least the pain made you the actress you are today. They do say to use life experiences in acting. I'd expect an Oscar to come your way after the shit you've had to go through. You could be the new Rachel from friends." He laughs deeply, slapping his hand on my thigh as his own amusement tickles him, much to my dismay.

"You're right. Maybe you should give him a cut of the percentage I pay you." I grin, making Joe scoff at the thought.

"Never." He scoffs again as he stands to his feet.

Walking over to the door, he leans against the entrance to the bedroom, his eye softening as he sees me sit on the edge of my bed with my feet swinging, head hanging low looking defeated.

"Whatever you decide to do, I will back you 100%. If you decide to stay with him and try to work it out, I'll be there. If you decide to divorce him and milk and for every penny he has, I'll be there waving my pom-poms."

"Thanks Joe." I smile honestly, a small chuckle leaving my lips as I imagine him waving his pom-poms in the air.

"But one last piece of advice Y/N. Ruin him. Be selfish for a change, you deserve it. I've watched you put his happiness first for the past five years. Now is your time to shine and show the world you will not be taken for a fool."

Giving me one last smile he takes his leave, leaving me on the bed thinking of what he said, the advice he bestowed on me. He's right, it is time to be selfish and think of my own happiness for a change. To quote a man I care incredibly deeply for "I don't owe him shit".

"Is he gone?" I hear a faint voice whisper from under the bed.

"Yeah, he's gone." I sigh, standing to my feet as I watch Jungkook shuffle out from underneath the bed.

"They don't clean very well under there" he pouts, rubbing the dust from his bare chest. "I had to stifle a sneeze three times."

"Imagine if you did sneeze. I think that would've actually been hilarious." I chuckle, grabbing his shirt from the chair beside me and throwing it to him.

Grinning as he catches it, he slips it on his head before walking around the side of the bed that I'm stood on, resting his arms on my shoulders before placing one hand on the back of my head and pulling me close, resting his lips on my forehead.

"I'm sorry." He whispers, his fingertips massaging my scalp making my eyes drift shut. "I'm so sorry for breaking your heart my Angel."

"Don't you dare do it again." I whisper back, enjoying his gentle touch.

"Never." He shakes his head.

Bending down and wrapping his arms around my legs, he lifts me in the air before sitting on the edge of the bed, wrapping my legs around his waist making me straddle him.

"Do you feel guilty? About what we're doing?" He asks, rubbing his thumb in circles as he hands rest lazily on my hips.

"I know I shouldn't, because of what Jin is doing. But I'm still technically married to him. I guess I'm just feeling a little slutty."

"Hmm no." He shakes his head. "I think you're referring to my wife on that one."

His comment making both of us laugh, a contented silence soon falls upon us as soft smiles grace our faces as we stare into each others eyes.

"So what does this mean? For us, what do we do now?"

Thinking for a moment, I go over our situation my head trying to think of a solution that won't end up with too many people getting hurt. Or at least the wrong people getting hurt. And the answer is, I really don't know.

Tucking my bottom lip in between my teeth my eyes alternate between his lips and eyes, not failing to notice the want that fills his gaze.

"I don't know."

Thanks for reading 😊