White Saints Cruise Ship

Vaughn's POV

The party hasn't started yet but I want it to end already. Kung ako ang masusunod ay hindi na kami tutuloy ni Dollar lalo na nang malaman naming nag-iba ang venue ng party. Sa halip na sa mansyon ni Vladimir ay inihatid kami sakay ng chopper sa White Saints Cruise Ship na pansamantalang nakadaong sa Manila Bay.

I have a very bad feeling about tonight. The idea of us all in the same ship with my hell of a father and half-sister will never be good. Kung kami-kami lang ay okay lang, but not with Dollar around who seems more excited than nervous to finally see Vladimir. Lalo na't alam kong malaki ang posibilidad na may niluluto si Nyssa o si Vladimir at si Dollar ang pupuntiryahin nila. Shit!

"Wow! Magnificent!" Dollar exclaimed while looking at the cruise ship below.

The White Saints is the award-winning ship among the cruise line owned by the St. Martins. Pero ilang dekada na ang nakalipas nang huli itong maparangalan. White Saints Cruise Line was not able to keep up with other cruise line companies for years now. Hindi pa man nagkakasakit si Vladimir seven years ago ay hindi na nabawi ng White Saints ang pangalan sa industriya lalo pa't bukas sa marami ang mga anomalya at ilegalidad na kinasangkutan ng pamilya. But Nyssa badly wanted to revive the reputation of the company by having the ship renovated. White Saints is set to sail next month after years of renovation.

And one of Nyssa's ways to market the ship is to have Vladimir's birthday celebration tonight held aboard White Saints with the elite. That's her way to get investors and at the same time boast that she's the new boss and of course plot some evil plans for us three, Dollar, Rion and me.

"I hope you reviewed the ship's blueprint that I sent you." I can't help but sound worried.

Hindi ko alam kung sinabihan siya ni Rion ng maaaring mangyari ngayong gabi. I didn't ask her when she came back from the island cause I don't want to confuse her more while she's still carrying the burden of knowing the existence of her mother.

"Yeah... a bit." She dimpled me. At mayamaya ay inalis sa balikat ang coat at binalik sa akin.

"Nice tan." I complimented.

"Thanks." She smiled and pinched my nose.

Dollar's wearing a silver gown like a second skin. It has a plunging neckline and a slit on the side revealing her creamy tan. Ilang taon na kaming nagkakasama ni Dollar sa iba't ibang social functions pero di pa rin nagbabago ang paghanga ko sa kanya. And I'm not only referring to the outside beauty, I admire more her character especially how she handled herself with the revelations these past days.

Naramdaman namin ang unti-unting pagbaba ng chopper sa helipad sa isang gilid ng barko. Hinintay muna naming tumigil ang rotor bago ko siya inalalayang makababa.

"Thanks."

I almost caught my breath with her sight. Dollar's hair is pulled on a loose braid and some of the strands are dancing with the sea breeze. Sa likod niya ay ang iba't ibang ilaw ng Manila shoreline sa di kalayuan.

"You know you'll be safe with me, right?" I whispered softly while tucking the strands on the back of her ear.

"I know." She tiptoed and kissed me on the cheek.

I offered my arm to her and we made our way out of the helipad.

I'm sure this will be the last party we'll be attending together... I have no idea of the status of her relationship with Rion but I know it's only a matter of time before they come back to each other...

**********

Dollar's POV