Ronnie

On the roof of the building I call home I watch the lights of the city in awe. Wonder when I'll be able to go there. Father won't let me till I turn 18 years old. I mean I understand, but I still wonder what's out there. I'll be turning 18 in a few days. I am so excited. I close my eyes, the cold air nipping at my skin and I blew a breath, fog blew out of my mouth. The bitter cold helped someone feel alive again. It helped me in a way. The door that led to the roof opened I rolled my head back, opening my eyes I see one man that worked for my father walking to me. His face held something I have never seen before. Sadness, guilt maybe? 

"Hello, ma'am. I'm sorry to disturb you but I have been informed. The boss, erm, your father has been shot." He said. I sat there unfazed, he always got shot it was part of the job. 

"Okay?" I said still looking at him. 

"The others are bringing him here to see if he can be saved." He finished. Saved? What does he mean by "saved."

"Marco, what happened?" I asked getting up and walking to him. His eyes held that pain, he was hiding something from me. I saw him jump and place a finger to his ear as someone talking on the radio. He looked at me his face stern and cold. But yet his eyes still held that sadness.

"Their back and your father is asking for you." He spoke. I nodded and ran to where his room is. Two other guys that worked for my dad stopped me and I waited patiently as teh door opened and a doctor walked out, he was covered in blood. His eyes also held that sadness. I walked to him, placing a hand onto his own. This made him jump, then he turned to me and sighed. 

"Hey there Ron." He said I looked at his coat and saw the blood, some of the stains were still fresh, some were just drying and others were dried up already. 

"Hi, what's going on with my father?" I asked him and he only let the breath that he was holding from what it sounded like. 

"Ronnie, I want you to promise me something, when you walk into that room, I want you to be strong." He told me and I only nodded my head. "Good." He said he patted my head and then walked off. I looked at the two men and they let me through. Once opening the door I saw my father in his bed. Walking to his side I was how grey he looked. 

"Father?" I asked him. His eyes opened and looked at me. He sat up superfast, he started to cough up. 

"Hello there, my Gold." He said. He always called me his gold I never knew why though. 

"Father, what's going on?" I asked him. He only looked at me. 

"My Gold, listen I have been shot." He said.

"It's your job." I cut him off. He only stared at me.

"My Gold, I was shot in the lung, and in the chest. I don't have much time left." He said as I stood there in shock. 

"Father? What do you mean." I asked him as he moved to his bed he grabbed a note and then a necklace. 

"My Gold, open this letter when you have met the one for you." He said I looked at him confused. Then he handed me a necklace that had an upper-case G in the center. He opened it and to reveal a picture of him and me when he adopted me as a baby.

"Father, what is this?" I asked him. He only smiled and took my hand as he looked into my eyes. I started to cry. 

"Damn it, I promised teh doctor I won't be sad, that I'll be strong," I said as I whipped my face. as tears rolled down my face. I jumped into bed and cuddled up with him. His arms wrapped around my small frame. 

"The gang is under your name now my Gold." He said I nodded my head not paying attention to his words I wanted to stay with him. He kissed my forehead and I soon fell asleep in his arms. 

When I woke up, I looked up to see my father, his eyes closed and a smile on his face. 

"Father? Father? Dad?" I called out to him but sadly he didn't move. I screamed as I held onto him. Four men came running in and pulled me away from him. I started to cry and scream. 

That was the last time I saw my father. I am now the leader of the gang he brought up.