ONE

"Byun Baekhyun!!!"

I'm woken up from my day dreaming by my mother. I lift up my head from my cereal bowl and notice she is waving my report card in her hand. I sigh and look straight back at my Frosties.

"What is this Baekhyun?! D- in chemistry?! C+ in English ?! I thought it was your forte?!"

I sigh again relectuntly looking at my mom again.

"I-"

"No I don't want to hear your excuses!" she rubs her eyes, looking exhausted! "Why can't you be more like your brother?"

I turn around to see my older brother Baekbeom putting on his shoes to go to school early. He's president of the student council so he has to go before me everyday to attend some duties. He also usually stays way after me. When he notices he smiles at me.

"Don't be too harsh mom. I'm sure he'll come to his senses. Right lil' bro?" he says with a kind smile.

"I sure hope so" Mom responds. "But in the mean time I forbid you to get back home before your brother! You will stay in the library and study there!"

What?! Has she gone mad?!

"No! mom... I-"

"No, Baekhyun! And starts today!"

As much as I want to protest against the decision. I know my mom and I know it is final. I know she won't budge on it... I kinda inherited this stuborness...

She leans in as I'm still sitting at the table with my cereal bowl to kiss me on the forehead.

"I'm doing this for your own good Baekhyun... You will understand when you have children of your own..."

I can't help but to scoff at her statement...

"Ok mommy has got to leave for work now... Baekbeom do you want me to drop you off?" she asks stuffing bread in her mouth and grabbing her car keys.

"Yes thanks!" Baekbeom responds.

Then they both hop through the front door. Silence falls back in the deserted living room. Even Mongryong goes back to sleep on the couch.

"You're so lucky Mongryong..." I say as I ruffle his fur.

Mom's words ring throught my head as I'm already picturing myself alone in the poorly lighted library, glooming over my calculus while Chanyeol and the others will be at their club activities or playing PUBG at home...

"Ugh I already hate today" I sigh as I push the door ready to walk to school.