FIVE

The bell rang and I was heading to the library. I don't why but today I'm nervous. During the week I tried talking to the library comittee girl but she barely even responded. Most of the the time she will just nod or reply a quick "yes" then she would turn her head back to her book or go back to tidying up the shelves. Honestly, it's starting to hurt my feeling to be constantly rejected like this...

Maybe she is just an asocial girl who doesn't enjoy the company of others?

"Should I stop trying to talk to her?" I asked out loud bringing my face in my palms.

I pushed the door of the library and walked to the usual second table. She was there. I was relieved in a way. I opened up my notes and my books as usual but somehow I couldn't concentrate today. I caught myself stealing glances at her.

For my defense she is pretty cute. Like how she sometimes smiles at the book she's reading, or when she so focused that her glasses slide down her nose and she doesn't even notice. Or how she would absent mindedly brush back a strand of hair that would be in the way.

I shook my head trying to collect my thoughts.

I have to talk to her.

I got up and walked to the front desk. Clenching my fist, determinated to get a conversation out of her this time.

"Hey!" I said, maybe louder than what I intended. She lifted her head and politely smiled.

"Hum... I think I never asked for your name eventhough I come here everyday" I said feeling shy all of a sudden. My confidence melting away.

She opened her mouth and closed it several time, like she was hesitating.

"Y-y/n..." she finally said avoiding eye contact... I didn't know why but my heart felt full. Finally she said something. I smiled warmly at her.

"Nice to meet you y/n"