17: Her Past pt. 2

As she spoke, Jeongyeon felt tears welling up, and felt herself travelling back in time, to the day when they broke up.

-------------------------------------------------

1.5 years ago...

The rain was pouring, but eighteen-year-old Jeongyeon's heart felt perfectly dry and warm, as she ran through the flooding streets to her boyfriend Taehyung's house. Five minutes ago, Taehyung had called her over for an 'epic surprise', and Jeongyeon knew, after dating him for two years, that Taehyung's surprises were surprises. 

Ten minutes later, Jeongyeon found Taehyung in his room, his eyes shining as he looked at a piece of paper he was holding. Once Taehyung noticed her presence, he immediately wrapped her in his arms and pecked at her lips. 

"Princess," he told her, "BigHit accepted me!"

He leapt with joy as he let out the surprise he had been keeping for a whole quarter of an hour. Jeongyeon froze with disbelief, and then after double checking the paper Taehyung was holding, with was the acceptance letter from BigHit Entertainment, she squealed with joy for Taehyung.

---------------------------------------

Ever since Jeongyeon had meg Taehyung two years ago, she knew that Taehyung's dream was to become an idol singer, and to help him towards the goal, she had sacrificed a lot of time to train him and help him apply to be a trainee in various companies.

Even though she was completely drained of energy every day, Jeongyeon was willing to do anything to see the smile on her boyfriend's face when he gets accepted. 

To see him achieving the first part of his longtime dream made her dream come true, and Jeongyeon felt pride for both of them.

--------------------------------------

After five minutes of celebrating, Jeongyeon asked him cautiously, "When are you leaving for Seoul?" "Next Monday. Don't worry, I'll wait for you." "So we will be meeting each other less frequently, right?" Jeongyeon bit her lip trying not to show her disappointment, and confused about Taehyung's 'I'll wait for you'.

Taehyung's energetic mood stiffened slightly, "Aren't you going to join BigHit too?" Jeongyeon chuckled at the thought. 

She had never wanted public attention, so being a star was definitely out of question. Indeed, Jeongyeon was naturally pretty, and she could dance and sing well, but she didn't want to leave Suwon for a career that would not be guaranteed to turn out well. 

She denied the offer, saying that she had her own dreams to pursue, and that dating while being a trainee would only bring trouble, "I'm sorry. I can't leave Suwon. I can't leave everything that I've accomplished here to follow you on a bet for fame. It's okay," she assured him, "We'll see each other when I come visit you during the summer break."

---------------------------------------------

Taehyung's bright expression had disappeared entirely, "You don't come with me because you don't love me at all. If you really loved me, you would have gone to any lengths just to be with me."

Jeongyeon desperately tried to explain herself, "Jagi, even love has limits. I can't dump all my dreams and responsibilities here just to be with you, on a journey to a career that I have no interest in."

"Then leave!" Taehyung roared, "You have no love for me. You have no idea how much I've sacrificed just to keep this relationship on the right track. You're just taking our love for granted and dumping it away."

You liar, Jeongyeon thought, as her tears flowed nonstop down her face, it was me who had done a lot, too much, to keep you happy, thinking of all those sleepless nights she had endured to make herself a better dance trainer and vocal coach, just help Taehyung achieve his dreams.

"Fine, let's break up," Jeongyeon told him, while trying to keep her face as cold and emotionless as possible, "I still love you, but you've used me to get to your dreams. Goodbye Taehyung." She grabbed her bag and started to leave the room.

"Fine," Taehyung yelled after her, rage and surprise evident on his face, "Don't call me every again." He then crumbled in tears. Jeongyeon please call me. I love you and I'll do anything to hear your voice again.